A pros. review of Guardians... Justin N. Miller

Sep 2, 2007
i have a E custom one eith the tiger deck engraved is this any good

No, that's not the one. I believe that's just a case, if its the shiny one that I'm thinking of, but that will increase the durability and longevity of your deck, though its not a porper clip. I'm not sure that the Guardians will fit in the one's for the Tigers.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I found that the card gaurds that Ellusionist sells that have engravings of either Ghost, Black Tiger, or Masters on them aren't that good as far as safety goes. I tend to look at them as eye candy.

Anyway,

Yeah, $30 isn't too bad for something that is going to make my cards last signigicantly longer. I literally bought a regular rider back porper clip form Ellusionist along with Extreme Beginners today.

I really wanted to be able to use Gaurdians all the time, and I'm actually able to know that they are broken in. I'm sure when the porper clip gets here things will be a lot easier. I can now get fans out of them just like my Masters deck. I like them so much that I also purchased a 12-pack of Gaurdians.

A guys gotta have a stash, right?

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada Eh?
Here's my opinion...*No offense inteded. I'm just stating my own opinion*

If you need a 'cool'-looking deck of cards to look like a good magician, then chances are, you're not. In this case, Justin Miller is using them. Heck he's a good magician, but just because he uses them and he's good, doesn't mean if a beginner uses them, they will look good.

For me, I'll stick with normal bikes. Why? I don't need better feeling or looking cards to perform magic. Heck I'll go through a deck in a week or two. Why bother to spend a few more dollars to get a deck that will last me a few days longer? I can use that extra money to buy other more 'important'.

Here's my opinion...*No offense inteded. I'm just stating my own opinion*

If you need a 'cool'-looking deck of cards to look like a good magician, then chances are, you're not. In this case, Justin Miller is using them. Heck he's a good magician, but just because he uses them and he's good, doesn't mean if a beginner uses them, they will look good.

For me, I'll stick with normal bikes. Why? I don't need better feeling or looking cards to perform magic. Heck I'll go through a deck in a week or two. Why bother to spend a few more dollars to get a deck that will last me a few days longer? I can use that extra money to buy other more 'important'.

Man that was a little off the wall no one told you to buy them and no one said that it would make them cooler, so why the defence (guilt on not being up to par) i still love you man but calm down on people liking to get fresh looking cards............if it makes them happy so be but if not back up and let them find out........... i am not trying to start anything here but voicing my thoughts here to you man to man............ if you get ofended......let me say sorry this was not my intent but to hold you back killer............... these are your fellings but not theirs they want the latest greatest thing...........maby you are not like that and save your money...............i know i do...........
God Bless my brother and have a great day

Sebashtion H.

Man that was a little off the wall no one told you to buy them and no one said that it would make them cooler, so why the defence (guilt on not being up to par) i still love you man but calm down on people liking to get fresh looking cards............if it makes them happy so be but if not back up and let them find out........... i am not trying to start anything here but voicing my thoughts here to you man to man............ if you get ofended......let me say sorry this was not my intent but to hold you back killer............... these are your fellings but not theirs they want the latest greatest thing...........maby you are not like that and save your money...............i know i do...........
God Bless my brother and have a great day

Sebashtion H.

Hey Sebashtion! How ya been?
And you sure as heck weren't kidding about having no grammar haha!

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: I think they look sick, but I'm waiting until I hear some reviews on the second edition to order any more, and I have 2 sealed first editions if anyone wants to buy them.)

Sep 1, 2007
To those who said " I played with them for 6 hrs straight and they started to clump up" um mm yea, ANY deck that is played with for 6 HRS Straight is going to do some major clumping because of the natural oils from our hands, you see it starts to create moisture and then they begin to stick to each other. Listen if you haver a deck of cards in your hands for 6 hrs straight..STOP IT! Seriously put the cards down and go read a book. It is absolutely ludicrous to think that the cards will not show some elements of cause and effect after 6 hrs.

Justin, with all due respect, I disagree AND agree with you here.
I have had cards, Bees in fact, that have been abused to a greater level than the Guardians and even a deck of Bikes that were left opened in a car in Florida for weeks and still managed to fan better than the Guardians.

Now I do agree that there will be a considerate amount of wear after a few hours of use but the cards were not subjected to anything more than I would put a Master deck through.

As for the elements of cause and effect, true, everything will show these signs in time, it's just that these cards were unable to stand up to them.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I've read a lot of reviews now. Some good, some bad. Certain reccommendations for card care and maintenance. My decision?

I'm going to wait until the Shadow Masters come out, see how they compare, and maybe buy one of each when I have the cash to blow to see whether or not I should stick with my Ghosts and Vipers.

As it is, I like my Ghosts because the thicker stock and the finish allow for more punishment (I tend to be rather hard on my cards), and the Vipers are perfect for XCM which I recently got into. I've tried out regular Bikes, Bees, Tallys, and Black Tigers as well, and decided I like the Ghosts and Vipers best. Why break that rhythm?

Hi all...
i got my guardians this morning and i dunno what to say:
OH MY F*&§#]G GOD!!!

They are soooooooooooo beautyful that i can´t get my eyes away..

for me the handling is ok! i think they will be my new standard-deck for doing magic!!!

so im out ´cause i gotta play with my new friends :D

Sep 19, 2007
London, England
Hi all...
i got my guardians this morning and i dunno what to say:
OH MY F*&§#]G GOD!!!

They are soooooooooooo beautyful that i can´t get my eyes away..

for me the handling is ok! i think they will be my new standard-deck for doing magic!!!

so im out ´cause i gotta play with my new friends :D

I have the strangest craving for Orange juice and im not sure why.

Havent got any yet, i might just wait and see if anyone buys me any :p

Oct 6, 2007
I think that the gaurdian design is the sickest out there but they do have a clumping problem especially with a thumb fan but then again its a 1st edidtion just like video game systems they gotta work the bugs n kinks out

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results