My Zoso Change

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
his performance wasnt clean
The flashes can be eliminated with practise
and thats what he should do ... practising this change a bit more

I dont understand what you mean with that sentence sorry

If you mean that i first should do that change without flashes before critizing him
then here you go

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Dj60TF_xo

That is probably one of the nicest changes I've seen. Where did you find that?

Aug 31, 2007
This kind of disrespect has got to stop. Look, here's my performance of another forum member's trick that I figured out by watching. In all seriousness we're not here to figure out tricks. And if you do just by watching, even if you don't have to try, it shows no respect to post up your handling of it! Joey has all the right in the world to tell you to take it down, it shouldn't been put up in the first place...

Plus, I had a feeling how the original (Joey) effect was done. I say great job and good handling of it. I'd be a fool to sit down and try to parrot something that doesn't WANT to be parroted.

I just said I am not TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HIS TRICK purposely.........
showing your handling which u just watched it and learnt it is disrespectful??
then it means those people who learnt the flourish "sick and twisted wings of the Mockingbird" by Kevin Ho are also disrespectful too~
I know it is my fault for not carefully check my video and posted a "flashy" video, but this sentence from yours isnt making any sense at all~
Anyways, I am here to say sorry to Joey again~

If anyone wants to keep making me feel embrassed, go ahead~

Sep 3, 2007
I just said I am not TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HIS TRICK purposely.........

Yes, that is all I was trying to say. If others do the same it doesn't mean that you have to as well. You will know and feel that you uphold the same values that keep magic as an art form.

You didn't do anything wrong besides something you may not have been aware before. I think, because the video you performed the trick from was Joey144 that you might ask what he thinks whether through PM or otherwise. You know, if he says he doesn't want you to perform it then just don't.

Aug 31, 2007
Yes, that is all I was trying to say. If others do the same it doesn't mean that you have to as well. You will know and feel that you uphold the same values that keep magic as an art form.

You didn't do anything wrong besides something you may not have been aware before. I think, because the video you performed the trick from was Joey144 that you might ask what he thinks whether through PM or otherwise. You know, if he says he doesn't want you to perform it then just don't.

well, I will do that IF HE IS THE ONE WHO CREATE this change~
I will still upload the change later on, but with a improved version without flashing~
It is also not logical to ask the permission to film a video which the trick isnt created from him~ unless that's his handling, then I have nothing to say~

Sep 3, 2007
well, I will do that IF HE IS THE ONE WHO CREATE this change~
I will still upload the change later on, but with a improved version without flashing~
It is also not logical to ask the permission to film a video which the trick isnt created from him~ unless that's his handling, then I have nothing to say~

Well that's where you learned it from. And he learned it from the creator, so maybe he's a good channel to go through since he's the closest thing to the creator that you know?

For all you know he created the effect mr. yip ching.

Aug 31, 2007
Well that's where you learned it from. And he learned it from the creator, so maybe he's a good channel to go through since he's the closest thing to the creator that you know?

For all you know he created the effect mr. yip ching.

u are funny~
he created the creator, and so I should go to ask that guy instead of him~
the way u give me is that he (Joey) is the creator of the change, and so u want me to obey him~
if that's what u mean, then I am sorry that I cannot accept your logic~

and also, if u are not sure someone's name, dont change it or else others will think u are trying to make fun of that person~

Sep 3, 2007
u are funny~
he created the creator, and so I should go to ask that guy instead of him~
the way u give me is that he (Joey) is the creator of the change, and so u want me to obey him~
if that's what u mean, then I am sorry that I cannot accept your logic~

and also, if u are not sure someone's name, dont change it or else others will think u are trying to make fun of that person~

I had a feeling that people might think I was making fun but I'm sure you know I wasn't in any way. Anyways, as you know it is your choice in the end so I hope you make a choice that doesn't bother the creator of the trick. I'm not sure if it would but it might.

Take care.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia

Sir Fans is right bro, taking someone else's work is considered disrespectful.

For a better summary of why this is so, see this post:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?p=146373#post146373

I would also simply add that it's not yours to take for free, being a marketed product.

The very notion of learning off YouTube - whether or not the video was intended as a tutorial, is wrong. Let me ask you: Do you believe learning from YouTube tutorials is wrong?

I'd hope that you'd say yes.

What's the difference in what you're doing between learning a marketed product from a tutorial, and a performance?

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
just to clear things up

Im NOT the creator of the Zoso Change
DOC Docherty created the zoso change

I just posted a performance of me doing the zoso change

so poonchingyip has all the rights to post a performance of the change because its already published

but i find it kinda disrespectful to post a performance of the change if you haven´t bought the notes + your method is not correct poonchingyip

atleast you could have practised the change a bit more
because you DID flashed (2-3 times as I said before)
and thats a fact

Im sorry for the bad english
I hope you understand my point

Aug 31, 2007
Sir Fans is right bro, taking someone else's work is considered disrespectful.

For a better summary of why this is so, see this post:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?p=146373#post146373

I would also simply add that it's not yours to take for free, being a marketed product.

The very notion of learning off YouTube - whether or not the video was intended as a tutorial, is wrong. Let me ask you: Do you believe learning from YouTube tutorials is wrong?

I'd hope that you'd say yes.

What's the difference in what you're doing between learning a marketed product from a tutorial, and a performance?

now u guys are trying to be funny in here~
if your point is that learning sth from someone's performance is wrong, then u better go to tell other people who just learn some flourish by watching first instead of aimming me as your target~ for example, eye cut & sick and twisted wings of the Mockingbird, and it didnt have tutorial yet.
I said sorry to Joey few times in this post because of my careless mistakes~ HOWEVER, if u are trying to use this point as your supporting reason, I dont think I will accept this logic~
I, of course, agree that learning those tutorial from youtube is totally wrong~ and I DID SAY THAT I DIDNT TRY TO FIGURE THE CHANGE ON PURPOSE~ please read the whole stuff again~
I did credit the creator as showing the necessary respect, but AGAIN~ Joey is the first person who posted it on youtube, do u expect that no one will learn from his video and film it with a perfect version?? if yes, then it is also out of the logical sense~
u guys can blame me that I didnt do my job good, and I admitted it that is my mistakes~ IF U DIDNT READ THE POSTS ON THE ABOVE, please read again~
I tried my best to say sorry, HOWEVER, if u guys still use some facts which are not logical at all~ then I dont have to be polite anymore~
and it seems that my "sorry" at the above is not working at all~
I removed the video already, I showed my respect to Joey~
IF U GUYS TRIED TO USE SOME RANDOM FACTS TO ATTACK ME, then it's your own problem~

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
just to clear things up

Im NOT the creator of the Zoso Change
DOC Docherty created the zoso change

I just posted a performance of me doing the zoso change

so poonchingyip has all the rights to post a performance of the change because its already published

but i find it kinda disrespectful to post a performance of the change if you haven´t bought the notes + your method is not correct poonchingyip

atleast you could have practised the change a bit more
because you DID flashed (2-3 times as I said before)
and thats a fact

Im sorry for the bad english
I hope you understand my point

I totally understand your point~
and so I said "I am sorry" for few times on the above ........
I dont know whether u are busy or sth, may be u didnt read my posts that I felt sorry of my careless mistakes ~
if u didnt read those posts, it's ok~ I will say it one more time in here: I am sorry~

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
now u guys are trying to be funny in here~
if your point is that learning sth from someone's performance is wrong, then u better go to tell other people who just learn some flourish by watching first instead of aimming me as your target~ for example, eye cut & sick and twisted wings of the Mockingbird, and it didnt have tutorial yet.

Hold on, you better get your facts straight. Firstly, do you know anything about flourishing? You do realise that we're talking about magic, yes? Two totally different things.

I said sorry to Joey few times in this post because of my careless mistakes~ HOWEVER, if u are trying to use this point as your supporting reason, I dont think I will accept this logic~
I, of course, agree that learning those tutorial from youtube is totally wrong~ and I DID SAY THAT I DIDNT TRY TO FIGURE THE CHANGE ON PURPOSE~ please read the whole stuff again~

So read the rest of my quote please. If learning from YouTube tutorials is wrong, what's the difference between that and what you did? So you didn't try to figure it out on purpose. You still learned it. From YouTube. And you put it up as well. Essentially, you did exactly the same thing. Whether you did it on purpose or not is irrelevant for two reasons: firstly, you still did it. If you commit a crime by accident, is it a crime? TYes. Secondly: You purposefully put the video up. If you didn't figure it out on purpose, and you agree that learning on YouTube is wrong, why purposefully put it up? Your logic unfortunately is faulty.

I did create the creator as showing the necessary respect, but AGAIN~ Joey is the first person who posted it on youtube, do u expect that no one will learn from his video and film it with a perfect version?? if yes, then it is also out of the logical sense~
u guys can blame me that I didnt do my job good, and I admitted it that is my mistakes~ IF U DIDNT READ THE POSTS ON THE ABOVE, please read again~

Did you read Brad's post? I highly doubt it. If you didn't, read it now, if you did, read it again. What about respect for the artist? Does he deserve no respect for his work? Read Brad's post, and give me a counter argument against that. At the moment, you refuse to engage in logical argument on this point.

I tried my best to say sorry, HOWEVER, if u guys still use some facts which are not logical at all~ then I dont have to be polite anymore~
and it seems that my "sorry" at the above is not working at all~
I removed the video already, I showed my respect to Joey~
IF U GUYS TRIED TO USE SOME RANDOM FACTS TO ATTACK ME, then it's your own problem~

Facts you haven't read, because they clearly are relevant. How are they illogical? You haven't actually argued anything, you've simply stated that they are wrong.

There is a technical term for this - argumentum ad lapidem.

If you don't know what that means, look it up on Wikipedia or something. If you don't address the issue, I'm sorry, but you leave no choice except to declare your own belief a fallacy. Please read both posts fully, and try again.

Sep 1, 2007
After watching Poon and Joey's video...WOW..then i look at Joey's video again...WOW..i got to say..sorry Poon..Joey is right at his part, you shouldn't post your video at all......

cause you will make his less interesting....

One...Poon is wrong for just watching Joey's video and redo the effect.

Two..he didn't buy the DVD or the video to get the permission to do this effect.

that's why I think Poon is wrong here...and he's man enough to apologize to everyone..even though they're not the creator themselves.

now I want to ask Joey a question. If yours is so perfect and have no flash at all, then how can an amature like Poon over here can watch it and able to figure it out? There's no chance he can pull that off, even if he watch it like 50 million times if yours is PERFECT or BEST (whatever bloody hell you want to call it). Therefore, I think you should fix up your video, therefore something like this won't EVER happen again.

end result big up to both of you and like Criss Angel always say practice practice practice...hahaha

Willson

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results