Site Security

Oct 30, 2008
www.youtube.com
OH NO! I believe that there is someone hacking the system here. When my mom was typing in here credit card number my computer shut down! Then when it came back up there was a warning saying that there was a screen shot taking worm on the computer! AH! The warning was from "Windows Protection" , a program that not only doesn't exist but was poorly made by the worm itself. You can tell from the buttons being screwed up and the text on the warning gets cut off by the side of the box that it appeared in on my screen. My order was filled, and nobody has used my mah's card yet, but just so everyone knows,... somebody is bugging around on this website... ...

D

Deleted member 2755

OH NO! I believe that there is someone hacking the system here. When my mom was typing in here credit card number my computer shut down! Then when it came back up there was a warning saying that there was a screen shot taking worm on the computer! AH! The warning was from "Windows Protection" , a program that not only doesn't exist but was poorly made by the worm itself. You can tell from the buttons being screwed up and the text on the warning gets cut off by the side of the box that it appeared in on my screen. My order was filled, and nobody has used my mah's card yet, but just so everyone knows,... somebody is bugging around on this website... ...

I do not think that. From what you said, it sounded like you already had a virus on your computer. I've never heard of a story like this on here before nor has anything like this ever happened to me. I don't think its Theory 11, but rather a virus you already had from elsewhere.

-Doug

Oct 30, 2008
www.youtube.com
i'm sure it's not t11 themselves but this has never happened before to me. All i'm saying is that it happened while ordering off t11. Any good hacker could get into this system and take screen shots.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Yikes. But yeah, i'm sure just a computer related thing. I believe that usually hackers target certain computers instead of certain sites. I might be wrong but i doubt it's a t11 related problem. I'd suggest a virus protection program immediately. Sounds pretty bad...sry dude. =(

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Rest assured, our site, servers, and shopping cart are 100% secure. No hacker is busting through our walls. As Doug stated, it sounds like there was a worm or virus of some sort that found its way into your system via some other means.

However, we do have a toll-free telephone number for those who are still weary about ordering online: 1.800.511.9484

Hope this helps!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
i'm sure it's not t11 themselves but this has never happened before to me. All i'm saying is that it happened while ordering off t11. Any good hacker could get into this system and take screen shots.

Our order system and transaction service is 100% secure, encrypted, and protected. Further, we do not run any Windows server systems, and virus scans are maintained around the clock. That said, this definitely sounds like an issue local to your computer. I would recommend downloading and regularly using a virus scan program such as McAfee or Norton's to keep your PC safe and protected.

Sep 2, 2007
if you don;t have the money for Nortons, you can try AVG. I have it and, today actually, it prevented me from accidentally going to a phishing site.

My youtube page got hacked back in July, and not long after my website got hacked. Scary stuff.
I say get an external hardrive and put all your stuff on that, just in case. As for ordering stuff, try doing it over the phone.

Oct 30, 2008
www.youtube.com
yah it must be my computer considering its an https for secure... so... damnit... this blows. lol. but i got virus protection and as of now its gone! Hooray! So thanks for reassuring me... and the virus did hasn't used the card yet so i'm all set. and thanks for changing the name of the thread. i wouldnt want to discourage people from using the site it's completely secure,

yah it must be my computer considering its an https for secure... so... damnit... this blows. lol. but i got virus protection and as of now its gone! Hooray! So thanks for reassuring me... and the virus did hasn't used the card yet so i'm all set. and thanks for changing the name of the thread. i wouldnt want to discourage people from using the site it's completely secure,

But seriously, consider getting a big external hardrive. They can be lifesavers.

If you don't feel like reading this whole post, at least read the first paragraph!!!

Your "screenshot taking worm" doesn't sound like one. Usually these types of programs run in the background and hope that you never notice them. "Screenshot taking worms" take screen shots of what is on your screen (duh!) and the creator of the program hopes that one of the screen shots taken has some personal information such as your credit card information. It would help a lot if you could find out the name of the "worm" from an antivirus program and then google how to remove it (assuming your antivirus program fails to do this itself). This "screenshot taking program" is not known as a "virus" but it is known as "spyware". Like I said, it doesn't sound like you have that though as they don't generally make your computer crash like yours did. You may have a trojan or worm.

Personally, I don't recommend AVG. I can't stand it. It doesn't seem as nearly reliable as other Antivrus program. JB also recommended Symantec's Norton Antivirus. I also don't like this program because when I used to use it it made my compuer run VERY slow. It uses a lot of the systems memory. This was a few years ago though so Symantec may have addressed this issue by now but I can't say for sure.

What I do recommend is Eset's NOD32. I've been using it for years and it seems to be the most reliable. Download a free trial of it at www.eset.com

It's very important for anyone who uses a computer to educate themselves on this topic. Here are some quick tips:

- NEVER install more than 1 antivirus program at a time. This can cause severe issues with you computer such as frequent crashes and a number of other things.

- Run a virus scan at least once a week.

- Update your antivirus program at least once a week.

Hopefully you've learned a few things from this post. I like educating people about these things because it's a much more important topic then most people think. Anyone who knows even more about this topic, feel free to correct any of this info.

Finally, this screen capturing program did not come from T11. Trust me.

P.S. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need any help and pat yourself on the back if you actually read that huge wall of words. Haha.

~IIAnnexII

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results