Teens on Masters of Illusions

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I think that the quality of the whole street magic thing is kind of weak on the show, but that kid definitely looked like he wasn't a teen, maybe like 10 or something. I'd take a good guess that most of these people were just put on the show for knowing someone, or being in the magic castle. I mean you don't see them getting real close-up artists out of the magic community to do thw "street magic" portion.

Hopefully peaked some of the kid's buddies interest in magic, I am sure they are psyched to see him on TV.

In respect to most of the kids, alot of what they do is either really original or very creative. But i do agree that the street magic portion of the show lacks.
All of the kids in that segment including Krystyn are apart of Mcbride's school to learn magic so i assume that is how they are apart of the show.

Aug 31, 2007
In respect to most of the kids, alot of what they do is either really original or very creative. But i do agree that the street magic portion of the show lacks.
All of the kids in that segment including Krystyn are apart of Mcbride's school to learn magic so i assume that is how they are apart of the show.

Incorrect.

All of us do belong to the Magic Castle Junior Society, but that is not how we were selected for the show.

~Zach

Sep 1, 2007
I agree with TKH. Every single street performance was terrible. they need to get some people that actually know what their doing.

Sep 1, 2007
What show were you watching? Her performance of that monte trick was rushed, awkward, and just bad. There was no presentation.

Sep 1, 2007
You have to remember, we are not performing to impress magicians, we are performing to entertain laymen, and the public watching the show.

Beleive me, I've watched two episodes of the show with people who don't do magic, and they thought it was corny, and just plain bad. Honestly only a couple of performances on the entire series have entertained me, and the laymen I've watched it with. Dan Sperry being one, Jeff Mcbride, and those two asian chicks.

Nov 30, 2007
I thought Krystin (I might have spelled that wrong) was not good at all. I agree with Creeper, her performance was not good at all and her three card monte was not fluid and you could tell something was obviously happening because of her akward handling of the cards.

Aug 31, 2007
Beleive me, I've watched two episodes of the show with people who don't do magic, and they thought it was corny, and just plain bad. Honestly only a couple of performances on the entire series have entertained me, and the laymen I've watched it with. Dan Sperry being one, Jeff Mcbride, and those two asian chicks.

I'm just talking about the whole street magic segments in general.

Sep 1, 2007
Well either way, laymen, atleast the ones I'm watching with aren't finding any of it(except for the select few I talked about) entertaining.

In your performance, you didn't have any patter. You just said what you were doing as you were doing it. Thats not very entertaining if you ask me.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Wait, zachmonkey were you the one doing the business card transpo? If so that's awesome!!!

Anways, half the acts were bad but i watch the show for a few reasons:

1. Jeff Mcbride
2. Street Magic
3. Ai and Yuki

So far, Mcbride, Ai and Yuki have entertained me with each of their acts (especially the Miser's dream Mcbride did on yesterday's show). However, the street magic, i feel, has not lived to it's potential. All the street magic stuff has gotten gasps and "Oh my god"s but none of them have gotten a screaming, yelling kind of reaction. And close-up magic is supposed to be the most engaging form of magic, therefore can get the best reactions. I'd like to see screaming reaction stuff like Lit, Technique, Flow. But i guess you can't use published material on a national tv show.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results