Paper Engine Trailer

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Just expanding on that, I got Paper Engine about a year and a half into my magic 'career' (though technically speaking it's not a career). At the time I read through it, found an abundance of wealth in knowledge, but couldn't quite 'do the stuff' if that makes sense. A year later however and I think I'm getting to the point where I could do a couple of the effects. :)

You decide when you're ready, that's my advice. If you're not ready, it's still a great read and when you are ready, it'll be waiting for you. :)

- Sean

Wow Sean, you took the words right out of my mouth. That was exactly the same as me.

I also agree with your earlier comment about a whole DVD being devoted to Search and Destroy, that's pretty surprising.

I'm just bitter that one of my bread and butter card tricks is going to be over exposed to the world :D I'm very happy for Aaron's releases as he deserves lots of money and more exposure in the world of magic.

Also, that was the first time I have seen Aaron do the one handed popover and HOLY FARK, puts mine to total shame. Un.be.lievable

Sep 1, 2007
While I'm not going to get into the whole argument...think about it this way.

Whats the point in making a dvd? Sure he might of updated the tricks, made new sublties, but I don't see why he would make a whole dvd on that. Let people create their own sublties and variations. There is good point to make a dvd on the book. Same goes for TooC

Sep 4, 2007
I respect the TOOC dvd but come on. A dvd on one effect and a move. The effect is already in print, it is not the best version of the plot (see Armando Lucero), and he is coming out with three dvds on an effect each. I find this quite ridiculous for a card effect to take up an entire dvd. I personally do not mind one effect dvds, but for one card trick that is already in print? I do not get it. At least TOOC is multiple effects, routines, and subtleties on an oldish book. The Paper Engine is not that old, a great book, but each effect and sleight in my opinion deserve it's own dvd. I feel a Paper Engine Dvd would make much more sense.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
True. However the preview does not really mention a dvd at all. I can see where people would be confused though. First book preview ive seen in.....like ever.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
"My good friend Aaron Fisher asked me to share his new trailer with
you. It's for the soft back edition of The Paper Engine. If you
already own this seminal text, this video clip is still worth
watching. "

I got that mail from lee asher site.... WTF!!!!

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
"My good friend Aaron Fisher asked me to share his new trailer with
you. It's for the soft back edition of The Paper Engine. If you
already own this seminal text, this video clip is still worth
watching. "

I got that mail from lee asher site.... WTF!!!!

What do you mean WTF? I think it's pretty self explanatory.

My good friend Aaron Fisher asked me to share his new trailer with you.

Asher

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Okay i will sum it up for you people, because this is infuriating.
1. no paper engine dvd. only a preview for #2
2. paper engine is a book.
3. yes, aaron does have a dvd with E being released.
4. There is nothing wrong with him working with E.
There you go.
any questions?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
What do you mean WTF? I think it's pretty self explanatory.

My good friend Aaron Fisher asked me to share his new trailer with you.

Asher

haha, I meant WTF! In the nicest manner lee, is just that I dont want everybody to know about the gem that is the "paper engine";)

great to see aaron coming with new stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results