Copies for free?

Nov 10, 2007
How do people get copies of effects for free? Like I have seen reviews and it says I was given this copy for free cause. Why do they get it for free? I have never been given a free copy for anything and I talk to magicians that release stuff.
Thank you
- Donald

Oct 22, 2008
How do people get copies of effects for free? Like I have seen reviews and it says I was given this copy for free cause. Why do they get it for free? I have never been given a free copy for anything and I talk to magicians that release stuff.
Thank you
- Donald

cause im sure they know the magician or atleast know someone who knows the magician...

Nov 10, 2007
Even if they know someone that knows the magician that created it they do not have the right to give it away for free.

Aug 31, 2007
No it's not random. Usually the people who are asked to review the effect are in a position where their opinion matters more.

Would you believe me if I told you sometimes it's completely random, and sometimes you just have to be there at the right time? It's true, atleast for me. I've been offered once at random. The second time was for Flicker and it was because I showed interest in a particular thread. Atleast that's what's happened to me on here.

Nov 10, 2007
Not to be rude but I have seen people who said they got sent this copy for free, and they are just normal people on here.

Nov 10, 2007
Would you believe me if I told you sometimes it's completely random, and sometimes you just have to be there at the right time? It's true, atleast for me. I've been offered once at random. The second time was for Flicker and it was because I showed interest in a particular thread. Atleast that's what's happened to me on here.

Lucky lol:)

May 3, 2008
I've been offered once at random. Another time they just said to PM them for a free copy to review and that was it.

Nov 10, 2007
Hi,

I get free copies of tricks from PaperCraneMagic.

Once in awhile they send me a copy of one of their products and then I review it for them....I'm basically a product tester for PCM.

I haven't gotten a copy in a month or so, because PCM is in the process of filming some new stuff...I'll write the review when I get it...so look out for it.

So far I've gotten Laced by Dan Hauss and Wounded by b.Smith
I own Election by Eric Ross, Universal Impression by b.Smith, PowerWord:Fall by Matt Sconce.

How did you get asked to get these copies for free?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
How did you get asked to get these copies for free?

Hi,

Shaun Dunn sent me a PM saying that he appreciated the review for their products and how he liked the way I review any magic product.

He then asked me to become a product tester and it started from there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results