Best Choice for Cardistry

Feb 23, 2009
I'm particularly new to the whole magic world, so I don't know what's good and what isn't. I just wanted to know, besides Dan and Dave's trilogy, what else is there that provides good material for people like me. I can't do anything too advanced right now, so I am hoping that whatever you guys mention has simple yet effective material. Thanks a lot.

Jul 14, 2008
If you are the beginner, you can find tutorials in youtube on revolution cut, sybil and charlier cut in order to get into advanced stuff. If you are ready, then the best thing for you right now is to look into Dangerous by D+M and Generation Extreme by Brian Tudor.

Oct 1, 2008
earth
If you are the beginner, you can find tutorials in youtube on revolution cut, sybil and charlier cut in order to get into advanced stuff. If you are ready, then the best thing for you right now is to look into Dangerous by D+M and Generation Extreme by Brian Tudor.

I agree with you about the cuts but I don't think Generation Extreme is the best magic material to start with.

If you are looking for magic, then I would go with the Daniel Garcia Projects or Totally out of control by chris kenner.

If you are starting flourishing, I would definitely recommend getting XB1, XB2. Even if you are not interested in doing flourishing, it teaches you a lot about fundamentals, basic cuts, fans, etc and is definitely worth the price even if you are not into flourishing.

Feb 23, 2009
thanks. I learned the revolution cut, it only took a few minutes. The charlier I had learned earlier, but now I need to learn the sybil. I saw Devo's DVDs on E, but didn't know if they would be too advanced. If any of you have bought them, I would like to know.

Feb 23, 2009
sorry. just realized that speedypetey64 had already written about Devo's DVDs. Never mind. Thanks anyway.

May 31, 2008
When starting magic, the best things start with are, Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic and How to do Street Magic from Ellusionist.com. That's where I started, and I still perform a lot of tricks from them. Both of them have a lot of cards. There is also a book called, Expert at the Card Table I think that's it. I don't own it, but I've heard it is a must have for cardicians.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results