Greek Deal

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
JB and I have discussed it. We're just not sure about the actual levels of interest in the Greek deal. I mean, we'd undoubtedly make a half-dozen of you very happy, but would it really be worth it to produce a 1-on-1 for such a limited audience?

Perhaps if more folks chimed in with what they want to see, we'd have a better sight-picture of how many people are really interested in this sort of esoterica.

By the way, the Greek deal done by Kif Chan in the YouTube video linked to above looked great, although his method and my own method differ slightly.

Jason

Nov 23, 2008
There is a Greek deal in the intro for the film Shade, which is on YouTube. I can't tell if it is Mr England or Mr Wilson doing it, but I believe it is Paul.

EDIT. Oh, and I'd love to see the Greek Deal. Infact, anything Gambling related is a great choice in my books ;). As soon as T11 actually start taking my money, I am certainly buying a selection of your 1on1s.

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I've had an interest in it since someone told me the story of it.

Apparently, as I was told, a bunch of magicians decided they wanted to play cards together. They all decided this wasn't the best idea so the devised the plan of everyone dealing from the bottom. Thus almost out of necessity the greek deal was created.

I doubt thats the real origins considering poker has been using cut cards for eternity, but just the same its a nice anecdote.

JB and I have discussed it. We're just not sure about the actual levels of interest in the Greek deal. I mean, we'd undoubtedly make a half-dozen of you very happy, but would it really be worth it to produce a 1-on-1 for such a limited audience?

Perhaps if more folks chimed in with what they want to see, we'd have a better sight-picture of how many people are really interested in this sort of esoterica.

By the way, the Greek deal done by Kif Chan in the YouTube video linked to above looked great, although his method and my own method differ slightly.

Jason

Just to clear myself up, it's essentially an SSD from the bottom (or atleast that's how it's coming off), right?

Alright, so i'll chime a little bit. We've got:

The Strike Second Deal
The Center Deal
The Bottom Deal

If there is/was an interest in these, why wouldn't there be an interest in The Greek Deal? With the Greek Deal, you can cleanly show that the bottom card never changed. It seems like a beautiful way to throw someone off from a bottom deal too. In no way can I see it being a bad thing to be able to deal from four different places in a deck, not including the top :p.

Now it would be after this, that I think shuffle stacking would seriously be in order, not that it already isn't. Plus we've got The Push Through Shuffle, so for anyone that doesn't have an F Shuffle, that's covered. We've got Palming Covered aswell. We're being set up with some nice table working material as it stands. Given everything, I don't see how this could be any less wanted than anything else you've released. Not to mention, I don't think there's really been a negative comment on anything JB's put your mug on yet, :p.

So yeah, add my @$$ to the list of "People Who Want A Greek Deal".

Sep 2, 2007
London
Yeah, I definitely want to see a Greek deal. Of all the deals, this is the one that I've found hardest to find information on. As well as the high standard of teaching I've come to expect from Mr England I'd also love to find out some historical detail.

Dec 29, 2008
Colorado
I would love a 1on1 for the Greek Deal. Ever since I have watch Shade, I have wanted to learn that. I have tried on my own just playing with a deck of cards, but have not had much success.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results