Meeting with The Mathemagician - Arthur Benjamin

May 31, 2008
You said he was a mathemagician...so...um...could you ask him to explain the quadratic formula. I'm doing that in school right now and it looks like hieroglyphics!

Just kidding.

Hope you have a good time.

D

Deleted member 2755

Just finished watching this. I was smiling in astonishment throughout. :) This is one of the more interesting things I've seen in a long time. :D He is insanely awesome!

I've got a question for him though. Why does he consider what he does magic? Sure everything he does is astonishing and amazes. However, is what he is doing really magic? Why does he call what he does magic when he seems to just be an amazing mathematician.

Wow.... This was AMAZING! Have fun meeting him. I envy you. :)

-Doug

May 31, 2008
Just finished watching this. I was smiling in astonishment throughout. :) This is one of the more interesting things I've seen in a long time. :D He is insanely awesome!

I've got a question for him though. Why does he consider what he does magic? Sure everything he does is astonishing and amazes. However, is what he is doing really magic? Why does he call what he does magic when he seems to just be an amazing mathematician.

-Doug

Maybe he's not really that good at math, and he's using plants. So it sort of is magic.

May 3, 2008

-Doug
It may not be magical in any form. But of course that's like saying how we can call what we do magic when we just seem to be great sleight of hand artists.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I would ask him why he was first interested in developing a mnemonic system in the first place - did he set out with the idea of performing on stage, or was math just something he liked and wanted to excel in?

If you use stacks, he could obviously give you advice on different ways to stack your deck, or mnemonic techniques to remember certain stacks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results