Looking for a trick...

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Right ok, I'd like to either know the name of this trick or where I could learn it. So here it is:

The magician shows 3 ropes, a large rope, a small rope and a medium sized roped. He then proceeds to make all the ropes the same size, then he proceeds to tie them together to get them back to the original size.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
From what I've hear Fiber Optics Extended by Richard Sanders is a great rope DVD.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
It's taught in many books and practically ever dvd on rope magic will inculde the professor's nightmare. I really suggest you get Fiber Optics by Richard Sanders because after each rope become the same size, you do a whole bunch of visual stuff before changing them back again. Just watch the trailer for it and you'll see what i mean.

Dec 13, 2008
I saw Richard Sanders lecture at Metro Magic 4 in New Jersey and his rope routine was just as amazing to learn as it is to watch.

Jan 13, 2008
That would be the best type of rope, in my opinion.

Just a quick note: The ends fray quite easily, so I would suggest sealing them somehow. The best method, in my opinion, would be to dip the ends in regular white glue. The ends soak up the glue and stiffen, which keeps them from fraying, and is invisible to the audience. It's a lot better than using, say, tape around the ends. Tape works, but it doesn't look as good as simply using glue. :)

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
That would be the best type of rope, in my opinion.

Just a quick note: The ends fray quite easily, so I would suggest sealing them somehow. The best method, in my opinion, would be to dip the ends in regular white glue. The ends soak up the glue and stiffen, which keeps them from fraying, and is invisible to the audience. It's a lot better than using, say, tape around the ends. Tape works, but it doesn't look as good as simply using glue. :)

Ok thanks, I've received it along with the dvd today. Also something weird has happened.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
What weird thing happened?

Well I received a package which has somebody else's name on it, but it also has my name on it, and I looked at the receipt on the front and it's like 300 pounds of card stuff for somebody else but my name just happens to be the receiver on the box and he is the receiver on the invoice/receipt. I've contacted the company and will be sending it out later. I was wondering why a big box was addressed to me for no reason. Confusing huh?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results