TnR

pnmilton

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Is anyone else thinking this would be very nice to do with the hook of:
Spec picks card-lost in deck-magician reveals wrong card-tears it up in frustration. Changes his mind and puts it back together again and then reveals it to be their selected card.
My mind is buzzing with presentational possibilities on this.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't know...I think the color change of the card at the end is kind of too much...to me, i think it sort of gives people the idea that it wasn't even the card at the beginning that is restored, but actually a diffrerent card. O well, just my opinion. We'll still have to wait for the trailer to come out to really see what it's like.

Sep 2, 2007
I don't know...I think the color change of the card at the end is kind of too much...to me, i think it sort of gives people the idea that it wasn't even the card at the beginning that is restored, but actually a diffrerent card. O well, just my opinion.
Well, you can have the spectator select a card, and then you can accidentally choose a wrong card as their selection. Then, in anger, you rip up the card -- via TnR -- and restore it, ending with the spectator's actual selected card.

Just a thought, like Addy mentioned -- a plethora of possibilities.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Is anyone else thinking this would be very nice to do with the hook of:
Spec picks card-lost in deck-magician reveals wrong card-tears it up in frustration. Changes his mind and puts it back together again and then reveals it to be their selected card.
My mind is buzzing with presentational possibilities on this.
This is an amazing and yet simple idea. I think you are on the right track about making the color change a part of the whole routine :D

lol I just realized, Jack said the same thing!

Sep 1, 2007
the reason that TORN is so powerful is that you actually "restore" THEIR card.

this "color change" at the end is a flaw. they're purporting it to be some sort of added effect when in reality it's done to cover up the fact that you're not REALLY accomplishing the "magic" of restoring their card.

this routine sounds similar to "reinCARDnation" where after you "restore" it you VANISH the pieces. once again this is touted as a kicker ending! when in reality it proves, in the spectators mind, that you didn't really restore it.

I guarantee you most spectators will think, when they see a DIFFERENT card, "oh well you obviously introduced a second card" .

TORN blows that concept right out of their mind and that's why its still the best imo.

Sep 1, 2007
well yeah if you can force a card or have an index so whichever one they choose you can substitute a double for it, sure

still can't be signed of course

TORN > whatever this TnR is called

Sep 2, 2007
well yeah if you can force a card or have an index so whichever one they choose you can substitute a double for it, sure

still can't be signed of course

TORN > whatever this TnR is called

I like mine more than Tornb...

Sep 1, 2007
Now I'm sure this will be great coming from Gared! Also, stop pestering him about Bits & Pieces, he said he's not releasing it. By the way, there is something coming out soon that's just like it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results