Shapeshifter

May 12, 2009
i have been praticing the shapeshifter for a while. the problem is i have small hands, so i can't do "the move". are there any different handlings i can try? thanks

Jun 8, 2008
I have tiny hands, It took me a long time to get this move down. it's still not perfect but it's getting there. Just keep practicing.

Jan 4, 2008
As said before, small hands are not an excuse. Trust me, I also have small hands also. I mean I can almost not palm a card, but I just had to adjust and make it work. Shapeshifter was also a challenge for me. Try setting it up with different fingers, (pm me if you need help). Keep trying, you'll get it.

Gerald

Oct 1, 2008
earth
i agree with everyone above, I cant palm a card at all, i have the puniest thinnest palm ever, you can see like a cm of the card sticking out when i palm. It took me a while to learn shapeshifter too. the card would always get stuck. Honestly, just keep practicing

Sep 2, 2007
Try your shape shifter with 3 instead of two. If that helps.

Also try doing it without holding the whole deck at first and then add the deck once you get the move.

Good Luck.
-Jacob

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
So what if your hands are small? Your hands being small is not a valid excuse for anything in magic, you can work your way around it. Just practice practice practice and you'll get it. I have extraordinary large hands but that doesn't make me any quicker or better with moves.

Sep 20, 2008
aside from practice, use a different deck. Worn out or old decks tend to be crap when doing shapeshifter. use Crisp, new decks, or the thick Custom decks that E sells. (Non-paid advertisement for Ellusionist custom decks.)

May 25, 2009
Shape shifter help

Try to keep your hand lowered at a 45 degree angle with your fingers spaced well. That might help you manuver better.

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
As said before, I recommend color. But another thing that might help is a deck that where cards "pop" well, if you do the shapeshifter move and it makes a popping kind of noise its a good deck for shapeshifter. Bicycles or tally-ho's will work but don't use a bad deck. Keep practicing!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results