Daniel Garcia Invades Sorcerers Safari

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Here's a quick question... I will be attending the camp this year, so I looked up the people that will be there... I saw that the staff was composed of some people that I knew... Jason Dean, Joshua Jay, Aaron Fisher, Lee Asher, and Wayne Houchin, to name a few... So here's the question... Are ALL of them coming this year?!?!?:confused: Or is that just a page of people-who-have-been-to-the-camp-before stuff?.... Obviously Danny is going (AWESOME! :D), but what about everyone else???:confused:

Any help appreciated. :D
As stated in the original post - Danny Garcia, Wayne Houchin, Lee Asher, and Aaron Fisher will all be attending this year (although I can't speak for Jason Dean or Joshua Jay). Hope this helps!

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
I have been looking through the website and it seems to uh... lack... general information... Like, for instance, how many classes do we get to choose? Can we take all of them? Do we get to meet the special guests? Or do we just see them perform and talk? Is danny teaching a workshop? Or is he attending any? If so, which ones? Do general 'magicians code' rules still apply, even though we're all together? Do we have to be careful about what we even say, just so we don't reveal anything? I know that sounds extreme... but... I AM curious.

Is there anyplace in general that I can find this stuff out? Or maybe someone specifically that I can pm and talk to? Lee, it seems like you know just about everything about the camp, but I don't want to bog you down with stupid questions... I'm just wondering if that info will be released later on, or if it is one of those wait-and-find-out things.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble...,

-PTG

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
I have been looking through the website and it seems to uh... lack... general information... Like, for instance, how many classes do we get to choose? Can we take all of them? Do we get to meet the special guests? Or do we just see them perform and talk? Is danny teaching a workshop? Or is he attending any? If so, which ones? Do general 'magicians code' rules still apply, even though we're all together? Do we have to be careful about what we even say, just so we don't reveal anything? I know that sounds extreme... but... I AM curious.

Is there anyplace in general that I can find this stuff out? Or maybe someone specifically that I can pm and talk to? Lee, it seems like you know just about everything about the camp, but I don't want to bog you down with stupid questions... I'm just wondering if that info will be released later on, or if it is one of those wait-and-find-out things.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble...,

-PTG

PTG,

I did not mean to confuse you. I assume you're speaking about the camp website and not Daniel Garcia in Canada.com.

By the way, the majority of your questions are answered in the registration package which is downloadable from the front page.

No matter though, I am not going to make you hunt for it.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. How many classes do we get to choose?

There are roughly 2-3 classes per day. There's also a master class/workshop in the afternoon. There's also a show at night. This usually happens 6 out of the 7 days. So you have to choose what you want to learn. You can take the linking ring class, the cups and balls class, advanced cards, etc. Classes are listed on the website.

2. Can we take all of them?

I believe certain classes run up against one another. So you will have to choose between the ones you want. I guarantee you will be satisfied.

3. Do we get to meet the special guests? Or do we just see them perform and talk?[

Of course you get to meet the special guests. They are there all week with you. You will eat with them, hang out with them, watch them perform, learn from them, swim in the lake with them (if they are willing), and a bunch of other camp related/ magic related activities.

I'm sure some previous campers will tell you all about it.

4. Is Danny teaching a workshop? Or is he attending any? If so, which ones?

I believe he is teaching a few workshops, which you can attend every single one of it you so desire. As for specifics, you might have to contact Sorcerers Safari for more info.

5. Do general 'magicians code' rules still apply, even though we're all together?

General human rules apply. As for the magicians code, we are all magicians there. You will find people to be very friendly and open about the art we all love.

6. Do we have to be careful about what we even say, just so we don't reveal anything?

We are all magicians. You don't have to walk on egg shells there. As a matter of fact, I guarantee you'll be too busy learning a ton of stuff to worry about revealing anything.

Hope these help.

Speak with you soon PTG.

Asher

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
Wow, thanks!!! I didn't mean to put you through all that trouble, thanks for the help. hat pretty much is all I wanted to know although I will still look into that pdf, thanks). :D I can't wait to actually meet you, you seem like a pretty cool guy. :D

I'll see you soon, Lee.

-PTG

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
Wow, thanks!!! I didn't mean to put you through all that trouble, thanks for the help. hat pretty much is all I wanted to know although I will still look into that pdf, thanks). :D I can't wait to actually meet you, you seem like a pretty cool guy. :D

I'll see you soon, Lee.

-PTG

No trouble at all sir. I look forward to meeting you too.

See you at camp PTG.

asher

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
Ages 10-20.

;)

-PTG

EDIT: Dang, you beat me to it. Are you specifically monitoring this thread or something? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
I wonder how many older kids are going to be there, I mostly see younger 10-14 year olds in all the pictures.... Anyone from here attending? Besides you, Lee, obviously. :D

-PTG

Jun 24, 2008
United States
I'm so pumped for camp!!! Last year was insane! PTG, Lee i look forward to seeing both of you! haha and PTG, you get to chill and jam with everyone everyday! I'm seventeen, and this is my second year going. Sorcerers Safari is the best place on Earth...period

P.S i talked to Jason Dean, he said he's going to be there this year!

~Nate

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results