A very simple one for one switch

Aug 18, 2008
I came up with this switch about a year ago, it is based on a color change. At the time I thought, wow that is way to simple and obvious to work. Last week I decided to test it out in some performances and spectators just didn't notice it, it stunned me. I showed it to a friend 5 times in a row before they caught what I was doing.

The switch is done with a snappy little turn over of the card, its not as natural as I would like it to be but its getting there.

Here it is: http://tinypic.com/r/35j9qwh/3

*This was shot on my cell phone camera balanced on the side of the desk, its what i had, don't complain about it.

I am sure this has been done somewhere somehow, and that is what I am looking for. So if you know any switches that are similar please chime in, because I would like to learn more about the idea.

***I know this should be in the card magic forum and I apologize, I have reported the thread to be moved. It is late and I wasnt thinking.

Jun 12, 2009
I believe that this is done in the trilogy by dan and dave. I don't quite remember the name but its the one where he splits the 4 into 2's and the 2's into an ace.

Aug 18, 2008
I believe that this is done in the trilogy by dan and dave. I don't quite remember the name but its the one where he splits the 4 into 2's and the 2's into an ace.

Yes, the basic motion has been used for color changes, I have yet to see it done as a secret switch. I cannot think of the particular trick you are talking about I will have to go look at that.

Jul 29, 2008
s

i think the change is used by bill malone and is taught in the on the loose set for his ambitious card routine. its created by marlo, if i remember correctly.

Sep 1, 2007
edit* Got the reference mixed up

- I believe it looks like Marlo's face up startler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I dont get it. A single card does not do that when you do the same motions.
Also I believe the basic move is called the Paintbrush Change.

J.

It doesn't make any sense, but if you do it smooth then it goes unnoticed.
There are plenty of moves that don't really make sense in magic, but rarely get called out on it.
I think this is a good find.

Nov 19, 2008
I like how nobody knows the name of this move or who invented it, it seems like some of you are just throwing random names out there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results