MAGIC☆CON :: Introduction Podcast - 09/15/09

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Over the past several weeks, there have been countless forum posts asking questions concerning the details of MAGIC☆CON - an intellectual, interactive conference for magicians slated for March 2010. Today, we begin to supply the answers.

Earlier this afternoon, I sat down with Dave Buck (organizer of the event) to discuss what this conference is all about, when it is, where it is, and how much it costs. We get into detail on who will be there - and how you can join us.

The podcast is a quick 10 minutes & answers many questions - but not all. Stay tuned for more info over the coming weeks. Until then, enjoy:

:: t11.news-bulletin :: Magic-Con Introduction Podcast
:: direct link to mp3 [here]

D

Deleted member 2755

Sounds amazing. Wish I could go. Should be really awesome. I envy anyone who attends.

-Doug

Jun 22, 2009
Same here. I live in SD so it would be no biggie to get there... but $199 for a ticket if I am lucky enough to buy it before they jump to $299 ekkkk.

Maybe next year.

D

Deleted member 2755

Same here. I live in SD so it would be no biggie to get there... but $199 for a ticket if I am lucky enough to buy it before they jump to $299 ekkkk.

Maybe next year.

For that amount of info you'd get at this convention, I'd be willing to bet $299 will be a very fair price. Of course, not everyone would be able to afford it. So it's understandable.

It would take me about 3 months to save up enough money for the $299 ticket. I'd do it in a second knowing what I'd be learning. The problem for me is convincing my parents to let me fly a plane out on my own to California, miss a day of school (maybe two if I can't get home Sunday night), and stay in a hotel on my own for 2 or 3 nights.

Plus saving up for the hotel would be a cost factor as well.

I'd have more than enough time to save for this convention. I'd absolutely LOVE to go because this sounds like it will be amazing. It's just that saving for it, and somehow convincing my parents to let me go would be on the border of impossibility. Of course, it's still possible. I just don't see it happening. Can't hurt to try.

-Doug

Jan 13, 2008
Bah...too expensive for my blood (factoring in everything, not just the ticket). Maybe next time...or the time after that, when I'm no longer a broke student, heh.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Well, it looks like the cost for me to go would be 1200 (not including food). :( My wife isn't going for it. I looked at taking Greyhound, but it would take me 2.5 days there and another 2.5 days back. :(

Sad day.

Dec 16, 2008
Damn, cheap price ticket.........
But I can't go in March.........
.............................................................................................

Apr 1, 2009
California
It would be affordable if I didn't have to consider lodging and airfare as well. But looks amazing. Guess I'll have to wait until I'm INVITED before I make it to one of these things :p.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
300??

Wow after seeing the line-up i am surprised at how cheap this is priced. I will be there ;)

I think relative to any other conference or convention - this is a CRAZY bargain of a price. This is for a few reasons - most significantly, it's the first of it's kind and we wanted to make it as economical as possible. Future conferences may (and likely will) be more expensive, but this is the first and we wanted to start it off with a bang.

Secondly, we realize this conference will bring people from all sides of the magic spectrum - from the youth to the experienced pro's, and we wanted to make sure it was priced right for everyone to attend.

For $199, I think it will be one of the single most significant things you can do to further your magic this year. The knowledge and information you can gather within is worth far more than any one trick. It's invaluable.

Aug 31, 2007
I think relative to any other conference or convention - this is a CRAZY bargain of a price. This is for a few reasons - most significantly, it's the first of it's kind and we wanted to make it as economical as possible. Future conferences may (and likely will) be more expensive, but this is the first and we wanted to start it off with a bang.

Secondly, we realize this conference will bring people from all sides of the magic spectrum - from the youth to the experienced pro's, and we wanted to make sure it was priced right for everyone to attend.

For $199, I think it will be one of the single most significant things you can do to further your magic this year. The knowledge and information you can gather within is worth far more than any one trick. It's invaluable.

Besides going to see Senor Suave himself at Future Stars Week at the Magic Castle of course ;)

Haha, honestly though I have wanted to see Bill Goodwin, Delgaudio, and Clearge Lecture for soooooo long. If Bill teaches HALF the stuff he has released in his notes, it would be worht the price of the convention. His ponytail is also baddass.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Have had a few questions submitted about where to stay - the conference itself is at the Hilton Bayfront in San Diego, and I would 100% recommend staying at the venue so you don't miss any of the action. It is a VERY nice hotel, but we did arrange a group rate to minimize the wallet damage. More details will be posted as more podcasts are released.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results