Sankey on TV

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Guys,

I was one of the guys to take advantage of Sankey's holiday pack and BOY was it worth the price! What a way to save some cold cash! :D

But one thing bugs me... many of his effects claim that they were shown on National television such as Holy Moly and Astral Projection. What, did he go on the David Letterman show and do these tricks?

I wonder if there's anyone out there who has the links to youtube videos or their own which show these effects as done on actual TV. Maybe that would be a sight to see :D

SS23

Mar 2, 2008
He consults and creates tricks for other famous maigicains who could of performed those tricks on Tv

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I was confused by who it was until I heard his voice. He looks very different with his hair.
Nice performance, airtight was also performed by David Copperfield, correct?
Or am I just imagining things?

Hey Guys,

I was one of the guys to take advantage of Sankey's holiday pack and BOY was it worth the price! What a way to save some cold cash! :D

But one thing bugs me... many of his effects claim that they were shown on National television such as Holy Moly and Astral Projection. What, did he go on the David Letterman show and do these tricks?

I wonder if there's anyone out there who has the links to youtube videos or their own which show these effects as done on actual TV. Maybe that would be a sight to see :D

SS23
yeah sankey consults and stuff...he use to consult for Criss Angel at first.....kinda wierd, seeing how he spoofs him now......but yeah he consults for other famous magicians and they do his stuff on their specials and stuff....

May 3, 2008
I really don´t like Sankey and his style,some of his stuff is good..but most of is not so awesome...
sankey stuff is situational....i think you can go to a party and be in any situation...any, and find a sankey effect to blow people's mind....that guy is a genius, and whenever i'm creating a effect, there's something he has done wether a move, a device, or something, he has covered it to the tee....jay sankey does not get nearly the credit for his work....

a lot of the card work shown on T11 or Ellusionist, Jay in someway has covered it what you heard from W:H or Chris Kenner, Jay has covered it, before he went all bald...lol.......you know those awkward moments when people has seen every effect you've got and only in a certain situation you have been holding maybe 3 or 4 effect back for that moment...

go back and look at some sankey magic, and i guarantee you he has covered it and has at least 10 to 20 more effects to use at that time...he often talk too much.....and will do a overkill where i'm like, " dude, do the f*ckin trick", but his reasons and info he dishes out is genuis, you will not learn magic from a better person than jay sankey, he does it with anything, paper, plastics, rubberband, stage, cards, coins, straws, the guy has even used tampons....TAMPONS!!!! ...r u kidding me???

jay sankey has so much material and so much info till you kinda forget what he has done...a lot of the moves i see in these new DVD's Jay has covered it, and somehow has his own variation to about every effect possible...while some effects want strike you as "wow, he just blew me away"......try creating a effect, i bet there's a move, or nuance, or even a device jay has used.....

i personally don't like his spoofs of criss angel, i find that to be a lil too juvenile...but hey, the guy is has everything any magician will need, you use a tad bit of creativity and guess what you, can come up with almost 20 things (effects/moves/ or situations,ect.) that you can use as your own secret weapon....

if you think jay sankey's magic isn't good, wow you have really not been paying attention...

Jay Sankey rushes and is a bit to lazy but not in the sense you may think.

While he has created several effects, many are just variations of the same old thing that I really don't want to see. I have gotten two of his products and both were let downs. 22 blows to the head had three decent effects, and would have just preferred if he went over the good things in detail instead of a bunch of crap in there.

He rushes through some of his great material, releasing only a half way good project. He releases to many effects which does not mean he is a great creator, I would say above average. He gets lazy in the same way he rushes, by not putting out the effort the good effects deserve. Also you may think he has come up with tons and tons of new effects when all he showed you was something trivial that doesn't really surpass an audiences expectations.

Look at somebody like Richard Sanders who has a few effects, however each and every one of those effects are absolutely amazing. I wouldn't use some because I'm not into that style, but I can see the genius and how well they would work out in the real world.

While Sankey isn't bad he certainly has gotten his credit, he is not overrated or underrated by the majority of the magic community. He has his place, and when he starts releasing effects with the time put into each product, each part will then fall into place. However he has already set himself as the vending machine of magic, spewing out the same things.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
sankey stuff is situational....i think you can go to a party and be in any situation...any, and find a sankey effect to blow people's mind....that guy is a genius, and whenever i'm creating a effect, there's something he has done wether a move, a device, or something, he has covered it to the tee....jay sankey does not get nearly the credit for his work....

a lot of the card work shown on T11 or Ellusionist, Jay in someway has covered it what you heard from W:H or Chris Kenner, Jay has covered it, before he went all bald...lol.......you know those awkward moments when people has seen every effect you've got and only in a certain situation you have been holding maybe 3 or 4 effect back for that moment...

go back and look at some sankey magic, and i guarantee you he has covered it and has at least 10 to 20 more effects to use at that time...he often talk too much.....and will do a overkill where i'm like, " dude, do the f*ckin trick", but his reasons and info he dishes out is genuis, you will not learn magic from a better person than jay sankey, he does it with anything, paper, plastics, rubberband, stage, cards, coins, straws, the guy has even used tampons....TAMPONS!!!! ...r u kidding me???

jay sankey has so much material and so much info till you kinda forget what he has done...a lot of the moves i see in these new DVD's Jay has covered it, and somehow has his own variation to about every effect possible...while some effects want strike you as "wow, he just blew me away"......try creating a effect, i bet there's a move, or nuance, or even a device jay has used.....

i personally don't like his spoofs of criss angel, i find that to be a lil too juvenile...but hey, the guy is has everything any magician will need, you use a tad bit of creativity and guess what you, can come up with almost 20 things (effects/moves/ or situations,ect.) that you can use as your own secret weapon....

if you think jay sankey's magic isn't good, wow you have really not been paying attention...

well..maybe you should re-read mi little post...I said that I didn´t like him and his style that has nothing to do with his magic, some time ago I saw a video of him as Christof the Clown or something that actually was a little scary...

I also said that some of his stuff is good...while most of it is not...I forgot to say that maybe is awesome for other magicians but for me somethings I just don´t see myself performing it. like per example Paperclipped, I agree that is a good trick...but for me I knew how it was done at first sight...maybe for you is awesome, but for me seems obvious even for spectators...

btw...it is some kind of sin, to not like a magician? does that make me a bad magician? I think not

well..maybe you should re-read mi little post...I said that I didn´t like him and his style that has nothing to do with his magic, some time ago I saw a video of him as Christof the Clown or something that actually was a little scary...

I also said that some of his stuff is good...while most of it is not...I forgot to say that maybe is awesome for other magicians but for me somethings I just don´t see myself performing it. like per example Paperclipped, I agree that is a good trick...but for me I knew how it was done at first sight...maybe for you is awesome, but for me seems obvious even for spectators...

btw...it is some kind of sin, to not like a magician? does that make me a bad magician? I think not
not saying that its a sin...i was just saying he's not a bad magician....he is underrated.....no you are entitled to your opinion....

i personally don't like danny garcia's effect for my own personal stuff...but he is a great magician....so i know what you mean, i just think, based on my knowledge of him, the same stuff that guys such as danny g, W:H, and others get credited for as in moves and sleights...i've seen it years before on some of sankey's VHS's and DVD's...thats all i was saying...he get labeled too many times as a ok magician, when in reality he's better than ok....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results