Spin Shift tutorial - Geraint Clarke

Hey guys and girls.

I have been pretty lazy lately and haven't hit you guys up with a video for you to comment on.

Well now we are all home from school, college, uni or work for the holidays, you guys are gonna be looking for new magic to practice

So here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYDDH3--lM

About a year ago I was practicing Kevin Ho's flourish : Raccoon, and the card on my thumb went into the middle of the deck. So I reversed the move and this is what I came up with.

It's a :
Vanish
Colour Change
Control to top ...

... to keep you all busy, should you find it interesting at all.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and have a great new year..... and leave your thoughts, comments, criticisms on this thread page.

P.s. Subscribe to my friend Florian Machefer's youtube channel, as he was also an inspiration for this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FlorianMachefer

Night Everyone, and any problems add me on Facebook : Geraint Clarke .... or email me : geraint2k2@hotmail.com

G.

Mar 27, 2009
nice move. Really practical. But there's a little problem when I make the spin, you can hear a little "snap". Anyway to prevent it or minimize it???

nice move. Really practical. But there's a little problem when I make the spin, you can hear a little "snap". Anyway to prevent it or minimize it???

It means your applying way too much pressure on the selected card. You have alot of downward pressure, so when it's released it springs up and catches the deck and makes the noise.

A little less downward pressure = alot less noise :D

Hope that helped mate

G.

Mar 27, 2009
It means your applying way too much pressure on the selected card. You have alot of downward pressure, so when it's released it springs up and catches the deck and makes the noise.

A little less downward pressure = alot less noise :D

Hope that helped mate

G.
thanx. that did help. And I clicked the other link. Maverick is sick!!!

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
good job thinking of this, and the more i think about it, the more different these moves really are. i just wanted to post the andrus vid since the thinking is almost identical, just executed differently. What do you mean by "push forward"?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results