Ideas for a good eerie name revelation?

May 3, 2008
Recently I purchased Universal Impression by Robert Smith and I really enjoy it. I was wondering though if anyone knows any ways where I could reveal the written name in a very eerie and scary way though. Obviously I don't know the name before the effect so I couldn't much of a set up. Any ideas?

Sep 24, 2007
This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I always thought it'd be really awesome if you had an ouija board, and the planchette moved around the board all on its own (thread hookup) and spelled out the name. Spooky.

Mar 21, 2010
@penguindude - I also recommend checking out Into the Abyss by Oz Pearlman, he has a nice routine:

What’s in a Name?

Your spectators will experience you performing the impossible: you will be able to name the person they are thinking of and disclose details about that person that you could not possibly know. This has become Oz’s signature effect in his strolling repertoire. WARNING: Perform this at your own risk! Some spectators will truly believe that you are psychic.

Essentailly, inside a sealed, and stapled envelope is a piece of paper stating the spectator's *thought* of family, or friend's name.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
What's wrong with good old fashioned cold reading and telling them the name.

Stigmata is perfect.

Banachek's PK writing if you have the prop, or you can use the bold move with Sean Fields' Materialism. But don't do that it is pure money.

Recently I purchased Universal Impression by Robert Smith and I really enjoy it. I was wondering though if anyone knows any ways where I could reveal the written name in a very eerie and scary way though. Obviously I don't know the name before the effect so I couldn't much of a set up. Any ideas?
here's what i do... I have Tears of blood....take a cotton ball and already have it prepared with a name or something written in blood or a card symbol in blood....and you start to bleed from the eyes take the prepared cotton ball and take a few dabs from your lower cheek, and reveal the name of what you want...

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I always thought it'd be really awesome if you had an ouija board, and the planchette moved around the board all on its own (thread hookup) and spelled out the name. Spooky.

If the spectators know the name and they have their fingers on the ouija cup thing, it would work on its on, subconscious movements, spectators think they are not pushing the cup, but they are....subconsciously....

Be creative and original, if you want others to give your ideas...you are not creative and original. I mean there is nothing wrong with helping but I feel as magicians in this digital age should be focusing on making our magic original. Whether its method,presentation or in your case a revelation

I considered those, but I figured something more of a prediction type thing.

You want a prediction, freakier than Stigmata? I'm releasing a new effect soon after I finish working out all the details. You display a closed cardboard box and have a spectator name any word in the english language (heck, any language for that matter). Then you open the box and reveal a severed human hand (yes, a real hand) holding a card with the EXACT word they predicted! The best part: the hand is removed from the box by the spectator, and it's THEIR HAND! I call the effect "Barf", and it should be out soon with a full 2 hour instructional DVD featuring myself, Silly Billy and Mike Hankins explaining the best way to get the hand in the box.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results