How do you shoot a card in magic tricks?

How do you shoot cards in cardistry and in magic.

• Using your index finger: shooting the card (standard-style) and catching it.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Using your index finger: shooting the card (boomerang-style) and catching it.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Using your index finger: shooting the card (behind your back) and catching it.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Using your thumb: shooting the card (standard-style) and catching it.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Using your thumb: shooting the card (boomerang-style) and catching it.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Using your thumb: shooting the card (behind your back) and catching it.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Any other awesome way.

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Springing a card into the air and catching it has been a long time loved card reveal. And there are many ways. How do you shoot a card and catch it while doing cardistry or magic?

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I use my thumb but i catch it in my mouth... theres a video of me doing it in the media section. It's a Shaw Farquar idea and he got it from somewhere else supposedly, but thats not who i got it from at all haha

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
In your MOUTH……………………………………………………that is freakin' AWESOME! :eek:

y-y-you a-re a GOD

Can you PM me a link of that video?

I have tried that so many times but I always never catch it or I end up ruining the cards because they end up with fang marks in them. Just Kidding. But I really need to get that down.

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
you gotta really REALLY SUCK to to be able to do that.

and i mean that in the nicest way possible

yea usually when i do it i go... "that trick really sucks..." then i top change during their reaction, then reveal a 2nd selection. It's been my opener for quite sometime now- i like it because it brings my magic up out of my crotch lol and has two participants and a lot of interaction. It also establishes a skill quickly and that i'm not some other kid with cards...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results