How do you shoot a card in magic tricks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MalibuARMY, May 26, 2010.

?

How do you shoot cards in cardistry and in magic.

Poll closed Jun 9, 2010.
  1. Using your index finger: shooting the card (standard-style) and catching it.

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Using your index finger: shooting the card (boomerang-style) and catching it.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Using your index finger: shooting the card (behind your back) and catching it.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Using your thumb: shooting the card (standard-style) and catching it.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Using your thumb: shooting the card (boomerang-style) and catching it.

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  6. Using your thumb: shooting the card (behind your back) and catching it.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Any other awesome way.

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Springing a card into the air and catching it has been a long time loved card reveal. And there are many ways. How do you shoot a card and catch it while doing cardistry or magic?

2. I use my thumb but i catch it in my mouth... theres a video of me doing it in the media section. It's a Shaw Farquar idea and he got it from somewhere else supposedly, but thats not who i got it from at all haha

3. In your MOUTH……………………………………………………that is freakin' AWESOME! :eek:

y-y-you a-re a GOD

Can you PM me a link of that video?

I have tried that so many times but I always never catch it or I end up ruining the cards because they end up with fang marks in them. Just Kidding. But I really need to get that down.

4. you gotta really REALLY SUCK to to be able to do that.

and i mean that in the nicest way possible

5. The top shot by Lennart Green.

6. yea usually when i do it i go... "that trick really sucks..." then i top change during their reaction, then reveal a 2nd selection. It's been my opener for quite sometime now- i like it because it brings my magic up out of my crotch lol and has two participants and a lot of interaction. It also establishes a skill quickly and that i'm not some other kid with cards...

7. I use a variation of the top shot...created by me..

8. is it just me? i use many of them. Top shot, hot shot cut, Thumb Propulsion, and a bunch more.

9. Daniel Madison: Snap.d

10. ditto! works perfect for me.

11. Any Other Awesome Way, which for me usually ends up tossing the card like a frisbee and hoping it flies pretty.