t11.bulletin : Essential Magic Conference - What You Need to Know

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
This is one of the cooler ideas I've seen in a long time. Looking forward a lot of the presentations!

Welcome back Tom. Glad to see you back here on the forums. Hope everything is going great with your magic and outside of it as well. We all look forward to any future releases here that you have with theory11 (or any other company).

-Casey

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just as an added note on this, they DO accept Paypal for registration. Consult with the EMC site for details (or contact them on their site), but I know the question was raised previously. Very excited about this! I was able to see a sample live video stream a few days ago, and the quality was comparable to what you are familiar with here at theory11 - and it's LIVE. Very impressive.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I'm thinking of an EMC presenter. He is no Harry Potter, but he's an amazing magician and consultant. In fact, he consulted on the Harry Potter films - as well as the television specials of Derren Brown and David Copperfield. His book on magic featured an introduction by Daniel Radcliffe, star of the Harry Potter films. Which presenter am I thinking of? First correct response wins a free pass to EMC 2010.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Paul Kieve

Lyle takes home the prize! That was super fast. You are correct, sir. See below information on Paul Kieve for those unaware:

The Essential Magic Conference said:
Paul Kieve was the physical magic consultant on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, in which he also appears, and is the only magician to be associated with the movie series. His student Daniel Radcliffe, wrote the introduction to Paul's book Hocus Pocus; now translated into 11 languages.

He is a leading creator of magic in theatre; West End and Broadway credits include The Lord of The Rings, Zorro, The Invisible Man, Our House, Witches Of Eastwick, Scrooge; and Andrew Lloyd Webber's Woman In White.

He regularly contributes to productions with The Royal Shakespeare Company and National Theatre in the UK as well as working with major international companies including Opera National de Paris, Hamburg Opera and the Royal Opera House. In the US he has been a consultant to Walt Disney Theatrical productions and Sci Fi channel. He has worked with magicians including David Copperfield (Unseen Forces), Luis De Matos (Mistérios TV series), Derren Brown’s TV and live shows.

Television includes: BBC: Cranford, I’d Do Anything, History Of Magic series and Heroes Of Magic for Channel 4. He worked with Las Vegas legend Franco Dragone on India in 2009. He created the first ever magic sections for Guinness World Records and was the recipient of the 2006 British Magical Society 'David Berglas Award' for outstanding contribution to magic. Current projects include Zorro at Folies Bergere, Paris and the stage musical of Ghost due to open in 2011. Paul is a Gold Star member of The Inner Magic Circle.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm going to miss a large section of the presentations, but that's okay because I'll get to view them online and get the DVDs! I'm pretty excited for this, too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results