I love live TV - Phenomenon!

Sep 2, 2007
I respect what he did. I mean, don't people who do this kind of thing suck real hope, and money out of everyday people? It happens all of the time, and I happen to agree with Criss on his stance about those people who prey on the innocent people all over the world.

I have a feeling that the only reason he did what he did, was to keep those sick individuals from tricking people into believing that someone can connect them with the dead.

I'm sorry, but...I honestly don't feel too bad about anyone getting called out on some ability that he claims to have.
My problem with it was that the day prior, on the season finale of MindFreak, Criss Angel "connected" with the dead. I failed to understand his logic: Jim Callahan is a faking his performance, but Criss Angel can connect with the other side. Why can't they both?

Furthermore, I didn't understand why he needed to embarrass -- or at least attempt to -- Jim Callahan. Not only that, but he also basically challenged him to a metaphorical fight by standing up from his seat and cursing at him on live TV. I thought it was unnecessary -- Callahan's career is basically being shown to the world on national television, and, in my opinion, to take shots at his livelihood and his passion seemed disrespectful and unfathomable.

Moreover, I thought that it was hypocritical, and unprofessional. If he's going to challenge Callahan, then he should have challenged every performer. Further, he has the audacity to plug Season Four of MindFreak on A&E, after the incident, and then continues to unduly criticize it. I liked him last week as a judge. Now, I'm rooting for Mr. Geller. :)

Maybe it's just me...

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 9, 2007
lol. criss just took some more shots at jim during his review of this dude who sounds like a polite Dane Cook....

Oct 21, 2007
phrozunsun, holy crap, he reminded me of Dane Cook as well. I liked him, I thought Mike was pretty good. I also liked his performance.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
My problem with it was that the day prior, on the season finale of MindFreak, Criss Angel "connected" with the dead. I failed to understand his logic: Jim Callahan is a faking his performance, but Criss Angel can connect with the other side. Why can't they both?

Furthermore, I didn't understand why he needed to embarrass -- or at least attempt to -- Jim Callahan. Not only that, but he also basically challenged him to a metaphorical fight by standing up from his seat and cursing at him on live TV. I thought it was unnecessary -- Callahan's career is basically being shown to the world on national television, and, in my opinion, to take shots at his livelihood and his passion seemed disrespectful and unfathomable.

Moreover, it seemed hypocritical, and unprofessional. Then, he has the audacity to plug Season Four of Mindfreak on A&E. I liked him last week as a judge. Now, I'm rooting for Mr. Geller. :)

Cheers,
JTM

At the very end of the episode last night he said, and I quote...(while being carried away on a strecher)..."...*Demonic Voice*..Conduite to the other side?...*Real Voice* Or just a Con?" and them proceeded to smile.

All in all, it's just entertainment.

He freely says that a large portion of what he does is real, and a large portion is just illusion. It's up to you to choose. More over, he does not claim to have supernatural powers.

If anything. Criss knows why he did what he did.

Now, I can understand what you meant about why you feel he shouldn't have called him out in public on live television. He wont be doing anything like that just to fuel the fire of his success. Then again, it's just my opinion. I have never liked people like...John Edward or Sylvia Brown...or even, as rediculous as it'll sound...Cleo.

Eh,

Think what you want. It's all good.

Shane K.

Sep 9, 2007

Moreover, I thought that it was hypocritical, and unprofessional. If he's going to challenge Callahan, then he should have challenged every performer. Further, he has the audacity to plug Season Four of MindFreak on A&E, after the incident, and then continues to unduly criticize it. I liked him last week as a judge. Now, I'm rooting for Mr. Geller. :)

Cheers,
JTM

I would usually agree with the whole hypocritical thing, BUT i've been googling this Jim Callahan dude, and the difference is how they market themselves.

For lack of a better metapphor, Jim Callahan seems to be the kind of guy that tells you Pro-Wrestling is real. Criss Angel is the kind of guy to get in the ring and perform completely in character, but knows where to draw the line and say "it's fake, but enjoy it anyways".

Sep 1, 2007
I agree with giving props to Criss for calling him out. I don't believe other people claimed that THEY had supernatural powers. Most of them were connections between people or subconscious communication, but nothing supernatural. Criss said on his radio interview with Penn one time that he doesn't believe that ANYONE has supernatural powers. Jim's act was WAY over the top in my opinion, and I agreed that it was comical. so props to Criss.

In my opinion a heckler is someone that is heckling and disrupting an otherwise good performance. Giving harsh commentary afterwards isn't heckling, it's simply criticism. Mean, perhaps. But still just criticism.

Sep 2, 2007
I agreed. He called him out, and I like how he showed it to be fake. Also, Angela FTW!!!!

Oct 31, 2007
wow...

This is worse than the masked magician specials. I never thought it would come down to a american idol for mentalists....
Magic has hit a very, very new low.
If you are going to have anyone, anyone hosting this thing, it most certantly should not be criss angel. Mindfreak has more paid audiences, and camera tricks than I can count.

Sep 9, 2007
well how can u enjoy it if the actor is being called out by a pro or what he thinks he is

Like i said. The performance is over, and every other performer knew when to step out of character and be real.

There's obviously some bad blood here, and judging by what I've been finding on google, Jim claims he's communicating with the dead 24/7. He's always in character.

Uri does this to a lesser extent and it irriitates the hell out of me. Johnny Carson called him out on it decades ago and Uri still pretended what he does is real.

So where Uri's "Criticism" - 'you have a good energy and i can really feel it' - does nothing to improve the performers act, Criss straight up calls you out on your screw-ups and breaks down your technique. And he's not just some heckler who knows what a double lift is and is trying to spoil your show, he's performed probably more half of the tricks being performed and knows what to look for.

Oct 23, 2007
Like i said. The performance is over, and every other performer knew when to step out of character and be real.

There's obviously some bad blood here, and judging by what I've been finding on google, Jim claims he's communicating with the dead 24/7. He's always in character.

Uri does this to a lesser extent and it irriitates the hell out of me. Johnny Carson called him out on it decades ago and Uri still pretended what he does is real.

So where Uri's "Criticism" - 'you have a good energy and i can really feel it' - does nothing to improve the performers act, Criss straight up calls you out on your screw-ups and breaks down your technique. And he's not just some heckler who knows what a double lift is and is trying to spoil your show, he's performed probably more half of the tricks being performed and knows what to look for.

NO his camra's do it for him

Sep 1, 2007
I highly advise you to listen to Penn Gillette's radio interview with Mr. Angel. I'm sure that your idea of how he accomplishes his illusions will change.

Shane K.

PS...

This goes for you too Stillman. Trust me, you wont regret it.

I second that. It gave me a whole new respect for Criss Angel as a performer. Plus it was funny and entertaining and explains the origins of Mindfreak ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results