I love live TV - Phenomenon!

Sep 1, 2007
I know someone on these forums has a signature about CA playing a magician on TV. I agree. We as magicians know what a performance is. I personally did not like Callahan's performance at all... it looked fake to me. Is any of this stuff fake? is any of it real? all of that is arguable, but the point is, we have to respect each other as performers. If I see a magician on the street, I don't walk up asking "ok dude, tell me what card I'm thinking of... what? you can't do it? see everyone this bastard is hack, come see my show tomorrow night, I'll give you your money's worth!" Which is pretty much what Angel did... oh wait, he did that crap on national TV! Honestly, you didn't like the dude's act? Well, say it looked fake, say his performance was not convincing and that you expect more out of performers. That at least gives the guy a chance to save face (whatever left) and choose something different the following week. How about I write some crap in an envelope walk up to Angel and tell him: here, what's in this? I can guarandamntee that he won't figure it out. I believe there are people that can, but if you are going to have no class at all, you do not deserve to be believed in.

Sep 1, 2007
You guys will not believe this

I have compared criss angel to to a leach that sucks you blood until you die. I have called him a moron at times. I have called him a joke. And if you know me, you know if I ever met criss angel, I might punch him. But after I punch him, I am going to shake his hand on what he did on phenomenon.

Chris got into a "fight" not a fist fight, but it was getting there. A lot of people on here are saying criss was a jerk for doing that, but I think he was right to do so.

The guy is claiming to be able to talk to contact the dead! You know how many people's lives get screwed up because of this crap? Criss did the right thing and put the little jerk in his place. And I'm shocked how many people on here do not agree with what criss did. We have enough problems with magic to day, the last thing we need is people abusing it and saying they can contact the dead.

Some may say, "It was just his show, and the guy would of been voted off anyway "

Yea, it is just his show, but the next thing you know the guys got a tv deal and he is doing all this crap every week and getting people to send him money.

Criss did the right thing. Anyone else agree? I feel alone.

EDITED* just noted I said chriss and not chriss....its late. And no one called me on it? heck, I even have it that way in my sig and no one noticed, thats weird. Infact, I have been calling criss, Chriss forever. THis is funny. Well not really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
I am not sure what happened, but I personally detest those who prey on the emotionally vulnerable to "talking to the dead".

- harapan. magic!

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I agree with you that the guys act seemed fake. I however believe that recently (wait, was that just last night) Angel did the same thing on Mindfreak, talking to people in a circle, saying he was hearing voices from the other world... hypocrite much?

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I agree with you that the guys act seemed fake. I however believe that recently (wait, was that just last night) Angel did the same thing on Mindfreak, talking to people in a circle, saying he was hearing voices from the other world... hypocrite much?

I heard after that he said it was all fake. Something that the other guy did not.

I have never liked Criss Angel. I have little respect for him in the art as well. i was exposed to him in the wrong way so it is simply my outlook that makes it this way but I just plain don't like him.

By the sounds of it he was right to put the guy in his place, but had a very angry, poor method of doing so. (Speaking from what I have heard as I did not see the episode)

Sep 1, 2007
dude S3al lol, I just posted on your thread. I hope you don't feel I'm being offensive or anything, I am not, just portraying how Angel called someone out on something he just did... it's like he can do it but nobody else can... :D

Sep 1, 2007
dude S3al lol, I just posted on your thread. I hope you don't feel I'm being offensive or anything, I am not, just portraying how Angel called someone out on something he just did... it's like he can do it but nobody else can... :D

Don't be sorry, I love people that are offensive. I really do. Well, that depends on what they said, but you get the idea.

Criss is a joke, he is stupid, he hurts the art, but tonight, this was a sign of intelligent life on his part. At least thats how I feel. and I think uri, (is that how you say his name?) should....ok let me stop my self right there..

Sep 1, 2007
Well, you are right S3al, but actually he said that the being possessed part was fake. He did not say that talking to the little girl was fake... or the overblown stigmata he did. Again, like I said in the other thread, it is true that this guy's act even seemed fake (come on, his acting was pretty poor) but what I did not like was that he called him out... and he even called URI out, he said: "I challenge you and even Uri to tell me what is in the envelope, I'll give you one million dollars of my own money" is like saying: Here is proof that you obviously cannot do it. He had this thing prepared in advanced to call a brotha out... that is not cool... and he brought the always controversial Uri into it, not cool either (though I'm not a fan of his)... As I said in the other thread, what if in his very staged show, a normal person showed up and said "I have an envelope in my pocket, what's in it Angel?"
Did the other dude's (Callahan?) performance rock? not at all, he was pretty bad imho. Could Angel do better without staging the whole thing? Doubt it... Therein lies the problem. I can't call nobody out, I can't do many things. So I don't...

PS. I'm chasing you over two thread S3al lol

Sep 1, 2007
True... again, right to call someone out, he may even do it offensively if he so chooses... just the whole envelope thing... come on, can he do it? nope... so he should shut up about that and just call the other dude a hack and a poor actor... they were both obvious, no need for challenges or envelopes.

After he did the little girl thing he said "Do you believe in Ghosts? I don't" obviously if he doesn't belive in ghosts, he couldn't really talk to them, so it's obviously an elaborate hoax. Most people understand that everything Criss Angel does is fake, but he puts on a bloody good show. I may not agree with his style, or like the overboard psychotic magic he does, but he gets an A+ in getting the audiance hyped. I am indifferent when it comes to Criss Angel, while I don't follow him religiously, I don't hate him either, when he's not in his TV Persona, he seems like a rather nice guy.

Derren Brown did a similar thing where he pretended to be one, just to show how it is done, but he said himself that it made him sick to perform, the way people reacted when he knew he was feeding them lies. Criss obviously has to hide the fact that all of his work is jsut tricks, because if you hammer that home to the audiance, the show stops being entertaining. I did notice however how he specifically made tat commenta t the end, that's hwy I remember it, where when it came to talk to the dead, he made comment that it was fake because as well as many believe that it is wrong to trick people into such things.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, you are right S3al, but actually he said that the being possessed part was fake. He did not say that talking to the little girl was fake... or the overblown stigmata he did. Again, like I said in the other thread, it is true that this guy's act even seemed fake (come on, his acting was pretty poor) but what I did not like was that he called him out... and he even called URI out, he said: "I challenge you and even Uri to tell me what is in the envelope, I'll give you one million dollars of my own money" is like saying: Here is proof that you obviously cannot do it. He had this thing prepared in advanced to call a brotha out... that is not cool... and he brought the always controversial Uri into it, not cool either (though I'm not a fan of his)... As I said in the other thread, what if in his very staged show, a normal person showed up and said "I have an envelope in my pocket, what's in it Angel?"
Did the other dude's (Callahan?) performance rock? not at all, he was pretty bad imho. Could Angel do better without staging the whole thing? Doubt it... Therein lies the problem. I can't call nobody out, I can't do many things. So I don't...

PS. I'm chasing you over two thread S3al lol

I did not see the show so I have no idea, thats what I heard though, but i'm with you. But I think criss was right to do this, but I still can't stand him.

Sep 9, 2007
I heard after that he said it was all fake. Something that the other guy did not.

I think that's exactly the issue. Looks to me like this Jim Callahan guy never steps out of character. He won't admit it's an illusion. I suspect there's more to the story, but for that reason alone, I can't be mad at what Criss did.

Good work calling out Uri too, who seems to still be insisting that Mentalism is real. His "criticisms" are sickening, because all he does is try to convince the audience that the effect was real.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
YEAH!!!! Criss Angel is so much more THE MAN now... That definitely made my Halloween unforgetable. "Tell me what's in the envelope!"

The final question is: Will last night's controversy eliminate him early? Or will that send him straight to the top because of what people think of Criss Angel's actions (which he warned every contestant of before hand)?

You decide.

Oct 31, 2007
Criss Angel is not the man now. Criss Angel is a self-righteous fake of a magician. Penn is the only other magician that I can think of that is this much of a jerk. Listen to the podcast I put up on the other page, it will change how you think about Criss Angel.

First of all, to call out David Blaine while he is trapped under water to a "anytime, anywhere showdown" is garbage. Why not wait till he is out, and do it on your show, where everyone would see it? Because Angel knows he would get rocked.
I don't really know why he would do something that stupid. I don't know why Penn would say Blaine isn't good with cards, but really, I don't see how Criss Angel is even a "good" magician. He is a stuntman, with a creative staff that thinks up STUPID illusions. Go take your viper, and shove it.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Heckled by Criss Angel... now that would be interesting. I don't get to see the show since I'm overseas right now, but I tell you I wouldn't just stand there stupified... I'd pull a Bilbo Baggins...

"Tell me whats in this envelope."
"Tell me whats in my pocket."

Sep 2, 2007
I think that people are going to vote for Jim because then they can see Criss get pissed at him again XD But anyways. I agree with what criss said (Did you see that he called out Uri as well?)

Oct 31, 2007
I can believe this. Criss Angel is a jerk, and he ruined that guys performance. I could claim to be superman on phonemenon, get shot with a turret full of bullets, and lift up a car, to only have Criss Angel oppose the idea. The fact that the guy is using it as a cover for his act, should not be challenged by of all people Criss Angel. It doesn't matter if the guy is being 100% serious, and never gets out of character. He can claim anything he wants. It doesn't matter if people believe him, because you don't have to. If you don't like his act, don't vote for him. It is (and should have been for Criss Angel) as simple as that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results