New dvd project

Jul 23, 2009
Hey. This is my first thread. Wanted to hear some thoughs on the idea of a new dvd project. It will have between 5 -ten tricks. Obects range from pens to cards to coins. Cant put too much detail. Right now though. Does anybody support this idea?

Dec 1, 2010
Hey Welcome to the forums! You are going to find alot of good advice on here to take your magic very far. If you havent already, Go check out the forum rules also. And this idea sounds very interesting....I support it.

I'd say go for it! A friend and I are working on a dvd project too. Ours is going to be just something along 10 maybe 15 minutes just showing a few quick effects and maybe one killer routine to close out the dvd. Ours plans are just to hand them out for free to promote ourselves around our area.

Magicman1170,

Welcome to the forums!! It's good to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay, contribute to our community, and learn a lot. If you haven't already, as suggested above, please take a moment to review the forum rules here: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?15-theory11-Official-Forum-Rules It's not that you've done anything wrong, it's just nice to know what the community will expect of you.

As for your project, as a general rule I'll support anything from another magician so long as it's contributing to the art, and not exposing or damaging it. You do realize that you've given us very little information to work with, and since I don't know who you are I can't gage on reputation alone I'll just have to assume that you know what your doing. Is this your own material that you're performing? Is this a performance DVD or one that teaches the effects there in? Needless to say I wish you the best, and hope that it works out for you.

Jul 23, 2009
Read through the rules and realized i am uncomfortably close to breaking one of those rules.
Do not post any more on this thread.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
What rule are you close to breaking? You aren't advertising or anything and you aren't talking like "dudez i gotz a pwning new dvd. u wanna chex itz out? kewl...." and no exposure so no problem.

I see nothing wrong with this thread...

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I think he's referring to the product/ market research rule.

EDIT: That's actually not explicitly prohibited, I've just noticed.

Ah. But he's not even researching. He is saying that he already knows what he wants to do but was wondering whether anyone supported him.

Jul 23, 2009
Ah. But he's not even researching. He is saying that he already knows what he wants to do but was wondering whether anyone supported him.

yes. i have already done the research which is hard to do when you arent sure if somethings has already been done. Thank you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results