The Red Queen's Head

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Hello, my name is Anna Harris.

I am now officially a performing member of the Magic Castle. I just recently passed my close-up gallery audition and now I can perform in the close-up gallery for brunch once a month.

I am very happy and proud of myself and the hard work I feel I have put into accomplishing this however… I am working even harder to watch myself.

I see many magicians who let their successes go to their heads and I feel that it has poisoned them. Some that I know of have even become cruel. I do not want to be a part of this. I don't want anything I do to go to my head and I don't want to ever talk down to other magicians as I've been talked down to when first starting out. I want to befriend people in the magic community however I have found groups that don't want to befriend magicians that they feel are "under" them.

I just remind myself to always be kind to magicians. No matter what their levels are and that we all started out at the same level of knowing nothing at one point. No matter how far we come please remember to be kind to other magicians and not let things go to your head. Because it will never turn out pretty.

This has been bothering me for so long that I feel that I have to speak.

Jul 23, 2009
I completey agree with that. Especially if the the magician with the big ego is one u look up to. It is discouraging

MichaelBird

Banned
Feb 1, 2011
It preaches against and I fear that said giant might prove forgetful when it comes to today's "Politically Correct" ways of addressing things...

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Congratulations on your success! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

P.S. I completely agree with you, arrogance is terrible in every aspect of our lives, not only in magic.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Congratulations on your success! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

P.S. I completely agree with you, arrogance is terrible in every aspect of our lives, not only in magic.

Thanks and I am 15 years old. As someone said above it is most discouraging when it is someone you look up to who has the big ego and stomps on you for no reason. There was someone who I met for the first time and he was so nice to me and then the next time I saw him he literally turned his back and continually takes steps away and doesn't talk to me. And then goes off as if he is in charge of everything magic wise and is the only one who has the right to give advice on magic. That hurt the worst to me. I really looked up to this person and then bam. Not so nice anymore.

Jan 27, 2011
Canada
The Red Queens Head

i was looking at the pics for the magic and noticed the arent all three frames does this mean i can custom make them for like 10 frames or somthing like that

Jan 21, 2011
Congratulations Anna on your achievements and good luck to you in the future. Your attittude is inspiring.

Red

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Knock'em dead when you perform at brunch!

As far as egos go, there are tons of magicians who are well known and still the nicest guys around. It's disappointing when people do that (especially if he was nice the first time) but a lot of people in general don't seem to understand that nobody is better than anybody else, just don't become someone who thinks highly of themselves and you'll not only go farther, but will be more successful than if you become a douche canoe.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Knock'em dead when you perform at brunch!

As far as egos go, there are tons of magicians who are well known and still the nicest guys around. It's disappointing when people do that (especially if he was nice the first time) but a lot of people in general don't seem to understand that nobody is better than anybody else, just don't become someone who thinks highly of themselves and you'll not only go farther, but will be more successful than if you become a douche canoe.

Haha, douche canoe. I love that. Thanks for your kind words. I will knock'em dead. Hopefully I will perform in the next 2-3 weeks.

Feb 13, 2011
hi anna harris! this is very wierd but my name is kyra and i saw u today when u did ur show in the magic castle. i just wanted to say that u did phenominal and i was laughing at ur jokes about the kling-on.* thank u so much and u should stick with magic because u r REALLY good at it. sorry for seeming stalkerish. im not i just liked helping u with ur show! sorry! bye!

*did i spell that right?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
hi anna harris! this is very wierd but my name is kyra and i saw u today when u did ur show in the magic castle. i just wanted to say that u did phenominal and i was laughing at ur jokes about the kling-on.* thank u so much and u should stick with magic because u r REALLY good at it. sorry for seeming stalkerish. im not i just liked helping u with ur show! sorry! bye!

*did i spell that right?

That is just way awesome!! Congrats Anna....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results