Cardistry Background Music

Jul 5, 2010
BEHIND YOU
I've been looking around and I can't seem to find any good instrumental background music. So my question is: what music do you use and where do you get it?

Feb 7, 2011
Music.

Best instrumental music for cardistry is post rock in my opinion. Bands like god is an astronaut, this will destroy you, maybeshewill, caspien and Explosions in the sky. Post rock is perfct, because in the one predominantly instrumental genre, it can be as heavy or as mellow as what ever cardistry you are presenting. It can also be epic and ambient, often very like movie soundtracks. If you're interested i can post a few songs here, just reply saying if you want heavy or mellow, or in between, it all tends to be epic. Im ot using epic as a scene word here by the way, i mean literallly epic. I think orbit brown used a caspien song in the last arthritis onslaught video.

Feb 7, 2011
Actually i dont know how i forgot this one, i used in one of my own videos.

[video=youtube;ht-OEQATFgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-OEQATFgs[/video]

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Here's how to find good songs for cardistry videos:

Step 1: Make a Pandora account
Step 2: Make a "The Postal Service" station
Step 3: Listen to the songs they suggest and use that song for cardistry
Step 4 (optional): Use some kind of audio editing software to make an instrumental.

This has worked really well for me. One song that I could suggest though would be Ottoman by Vampire Weekend. But get out there and find songs that you like that fit your style and don't rely completely on what others like. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Here's how to find good songs for cardistry videos:

Step 1: Make a Pandora account
Step 2: Make a "The Postal Service" station
Step 3: Listen to the songs they suggest and use that song for cardistry
Step 4 (optional): Use some kind of audio editing software to make an instrumental.

This has worked really well for me. One song that I could suggest though would be Ottoman by Vampire Weekend. But get out there and find songs that you like and fit your style and don't rely completely on what others like. :)

Ding ding ding! Pandora has helped me out alot in searching for music. The best part is you don't have to do any work to find good music, just listen and enjoy :).

'Bonobo' is one of my favourite artists and he has really atmospheric music that fits perfectly with flourishing / card magic, but it really depends on what kind of feel you are after... ie up-beat / mysterious etc... take a quick look at this quick snippet:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KASHBEY

This is a track called 'Ketto' by Bonobo... he has some other really nice tracks along this line eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_U4cx3cLpw

Hope this helps ;)

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I mainly use apple loops from jam packs. Great music, copyright and royalty free.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results