Does this work on stage?

Nov 27, 2009
I'm writing a stage show and I'm wondering, does the Invisible Palm work on stage?

Assume that I don't have access to a video camera and projection system, also assume that I'm performing for 400 people with some people in a balcony of sorts. Can you think of a way it would work on stage under those conditions?

I'm gonna venture a guess that it's not a good idea.

Jun 10, 2010

Please read his original post.

@FPS, Please stop writing every post in green?

@YRAMagician, And no. If you've got a crowd that large and you're expecting them all to be able to clearly see the card... Then they've got the vision of a hawk.

Kind of common sense, don't you think? And by invisible palm, are you referring to a tent vanish used in a scenario such as open travelers? I'm assuming so, but I could be wrong.

Either way, it's a no without a projector set-up.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
FPS,
Do not even attempt a card trick on stage with standard size cards. You could get a way with the new Phoenix Parlour cards which are very nice if it was a small crowd of 200 or so in a smaller venue. Jumbo size are nice for things like Jumbo Twisted Sisters or the McCombical Deck.

Jun 10, 2010
...and the reason as to why I should stop posting in green on these forum is why?

Because it is irritating and contributes absolutely nothing useful to the board, minus some annoyance in your direction from people who dislike it. I have the feeling there are other members who dislike it, but simply choose not to speak up about it. Of course, I could be wrong, and it simply could just be me and KINGOFHEARTS. But I'm assuming not. It's not a big deal... It doesn't hurt to type with a default black.

Apr 7, 2011
the underground.
Because it is irritating and contributes absolutely nothing useful to the board, minus some annoyance in your direction from people who dislike it. I have the feeling there are other members who dislike it, but simply choose not to speak up about it. Of course, I could be wrong, and it simply could just be me and KINGOFHEARTS. But I'm assuming not. It's not a big deal... It doesn't hurt to type with a default black.

Thanks for your opinion, but I will keep posting in green. Never seen someone get so mad over the color of a post... seriously?!

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks for your opinion, but I will keep posting in green. Never seen someone get so mad over the color of a post... seriously?!

I'm not mad. It's kind of cute that you think I'd waste any of my emotions (besides irritation) on somebody who types in green.

Before I go on to ignore you, I have to ask... Why so adamant about typing like everyone else on this forum?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I believe everyone has already answered the question, without a projector the Invisible palm is very much a close-up piece.

If you can do the routine with the Pheonix Parlour cards then you may be able to bring this to a bigger audience, but everyone will need to be able to see the table. A setting much like what Ricky Jay uses in his show 'Ricky Jay and his 52 Assistants' would be ideal.

As for building a stage show-why do a card trick? Look into stand-up/stage material. Rune Klan's book has gotten great reviews for his creativity and ingenuity and there are dozens of magicians before him that have put out suitable illusions and pieces for larger audiences.

I for one don't mind the green color. After all there are by far more obnoxious colors one could chose to write in. Seriously, can we now return to the important stuff like magic?

Talk about magic on a magic forum? Terrible idea in my opinion.

Jun 10, 2010
To contribute something useful to this topic:

I particularly enjoy watching performances of Rune Klan doing his torn and restored p**n magazine which involves a bra as cover. Class A entertainment.

Another vote for Rune Klan.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results