Berglas effect

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
hi
I was wondering where I could learn this acaan trick. I just saw it on the emc and wanted to know where I could learn it.
thanks

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
cool!! is there another book or dvd that contains this effect that is less expensive by chance?

Jul 13, 2010
cool!! is there another book or dvd that contains this effect that is less expensive by chance?

AFAIK the book is your only chance and it was never published before.

Be warned:
Quote from John Carey:
The only people who will be dissapointed will be the ones who think there is some kind of god like push button method for disclosing any named card at any number.There isn't, but people who want to explore and expand their knowledge will I am sure find gold in the pages of this work.
If you`re looking for a straightforward, easy and fast method for the Holy Grail, you will be dissapointed. Don`t buy the book just for the method, buy it if you want a look inside the mind of Mr.Berglas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
There are many version of the ACAAN plot already on the market, but if you want the one that was performed, you will have to pay that amount. Pure quality doesn't come cheap.

ok thanks. so I guess I'll just perform a few more shows and save up for this book.

Jun 23, 2011
Quito, Ecuador
Hey bro, there's this ACAAN in which the SPECTATOR COUNTS THE CARDS, it's super easy, it's cheap (10$) and quite strong, it's Chris Mayhews CAANDY, check it out on vanishingincmagic

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
Hey bro, there's this ACAAN in which the SPECTATOR COUNTS THE CARDS, it's super easy, it's cheap (10$) and quite strong, it's Chris Mayhews CAANDY, check it out on vanishingincmagic

looks cool but I really perfer not to touch the cards much like Lu Chen.

Jan 20, 2009
California
you can find the the berglas effect in
his book Mind & Magic of David Berglas pg. 527
i dont know if the book is still in print i had found a copy
about a year ago in a used book store for $3

Apr 12, 2011
In the Berglas book, David explains the differences between CAAN and the Berglas effect, one stressed point being that he doesn't touch the deck before or after, whereas in most CAAN/ACAAN pieces the deck is handles before and after. I think that the Berglas Effects is a good read if you've got no work or understanding about the CAAN plot, but imo is worth a resell once the book goes out of print.

Jan 11, 2011
You lucky duck.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just as a side note, I was chatting informally after the event tonight with Bill Kalush, Dan and Dave, Eric Mead, Mike Caveney. Lu Chen's performance fooled all of us. Badly. So badly, it hurt. My mind is bruised. I can't imagine a better performance piece than Lu presented: he fooled every single person in the room, including the legendary creator of the very effect he was showing. Epic. Madness. As a side note, I can personally assure you guys that I was NOT in any way briefed about which card to pick - it was 100% random off the top of my head.

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
Just as a side note, I was chatting informally after the event tonight with Bill Kalush, Dan and Dave, Eric Mead, Mike Caveney. Lu Chen's performance fooled all of us. Badly. So badly, it hurt. My mind is bruised. I can't imagine a better performance piece than Lu presented: he fooled every single person in the room, including the legendary creator of the very effect he was showing. Epic. Madness. As a side note, I can personally assure you guys that I was NOT in any way briefed about which card to pick - it was 100% random off the top of my head.

can you maybe convince Lu to release his version of the effect ;D

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
ok cool thanks, I have a pdf of it.

Sep 13, 2010
Stockholm

Thanks Jonathan for telling how you experienced the effect. I was also completely blown away, the only explanation I could come up with was that Eric was in on it. I've just finished the book "The Berglas Effect" and for Lu Chen to do the effect live for for you guys and especially with David Berglas present and telling beforehand what he's going to do, that is some really heavy Gut Hitting Magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results