Doing Magic for Megan Nicole!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I enjoyed the video Josh!

Just for those who don't know who the "celebrities" are that he performs for, they're YouTube celebrities. You really won't know who they are unless you're addicted to YouTube like I am. :)

That's all I'm gonna say, I'm not gonna hop into this little battlefield...

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Formula...my friend! Don't click the thread if it annoys you. I am sure you won't have said the same thing if it was video clips of Cyril, David, Lu Chen, Brad......on and on....

Come on respect & support the guy for what he is doing!
I rarely click them or even read the thread so I do usually ignore them but the way Josh is using magic forums for updates really irritates me. Every forum I go to josh is posting his "celebrity" performances, I can't escape this crap.
My point being magicians like the ones you mentioned don't give regular updates on here, they understand that's what social networking sites and such are for so that only people that want updates get updates. When I come here I don't want poor quality videos shoved in my face, I want to read about interesting and/or thought provoking things or magic related news.

Respect is something that is earn't and I can't respect Josh because I don't agree with or like the way Josh conducts himself.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
He's essentially just whoring himself out to people here and posting videos of him performing for no name Z list youtube vloggers.

The YouTube vloggers he performs for aren't "no name" just because you've never heard of them. Thousands of people watch these guys and they get paid for making videos. (Josh being one of them) That's like a lay-person saying that Ed Marlo is a "no name" magician since they've never heard of him. Only talk if you know what you're talking about.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Sorry Aaron but look in a high street magazine or newspaper, you're not likely to see people from youtube in them, at least not in the UK. Youtube fame isn't the same as real celebrities that have built careers from being hard working, talented individuals.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Most youtubers barely get paid anything and yes I realize it takes a bit of time to put together their vlogs. I think around an hour or two of video editing. But other than that there is really nothing "talented" about talking to a camera about whatever random crap that happens during your day.

Like formula mentioned, you are not likely going to see youtube vloggers in any entertainment magazines (unless they do more than just vlog about random things.) or newspapers.

Dec 12, 2010
It's not that I don't care about your videos. I enjoyed the videos you did a while ago at school or in an after school club or whatever it was. Being irritated by your updates on "celebrity" performances has nothing to do with asking to be credited for a design of a business card.

People who talk the talk are 1 of two things, "keyboard warriors" or professionals that understand posting their videos on here isn't going to help their career.

Yeah, I'm sure there are many people who don't share my view and love to watch your videos. That is what the subscribe button is for on your youtube channel. Why would I name and shame the person that sent that PM? It's a private message, if they wanted it to be public they would of posted it in here.

1 post was deleted on thebluecrown and they asked you to post your video updates in 1 single thread rather than a new thread for every video. You still make a new thread every time despite them asking you to collate them. They also said that my post wasn't deleted because it was wrong, just that I should word it differently because they want to keep their forum friendly and don't want anyones feelings to get hurt.

I am a working magician. I have a handful of videos online and I will never post them on a magic forum, why? I don't want magicians to follow me. I want laymen to follow me so that I keep getting booked.

As I said, if your videos were actually of a high standard it wouldn't bother me that you post a video every week but you make out your performing for famous people. There's a huge difference between being booked to do it and walking up to so called celebrities at a youtube convention.
eostresh said about the newer people in magic "inventing" "new" techniques that are actually already in print in so many places. For me, you are in the same category as those people at the moment.

Is it asking so much for you to use one single thread for your updates instead of making loads of new threads? If I wanted updates I would subscribe to you or follow you on twitter.

Stop defending yourself. Be mature. Drop it and move on.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Most youtubers barely get paid anything and yes I realize it takes a bit of time to put together their vlogs. I think around an hour or two of video editing. But other than that there is really nothing "talented" about talking to a camera about whatever random crap that happens during your day.

Like formula mentioned, you are not likely going to see youtube vloggers in any entertainment magazines (unless they do more than just vlog about random things.) or newspapers.

Actually, quite a bit make more than 100k every year.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Sorry Aaron but look in a high street magazine or newspaper, you're not likely to see people from youtube in them, at least not in the UK. Youtube fame isn't the same as real celebrities that have built careers from being hard working, talented individuals.

I didn't say they were as famous as regular celebrities. I didn't say they were always in magazines. (Even though a few have been on TV) I said that they're YOUTUBE celebrities. Just like magicians we all know about are kind of like "Magic Celebrities". And yes, you have to be hard working and talented to become "famous" on YouTube. You can't just throw some crap up on the internet and expect people to watch it.

Mar 22, 2010
[Rant]
Seriously guys, what the ****?

- formula: You have some valid points. You've made them, I think everybody is clear. Still, this is teh interweb, so it's not like anyone is going to give a crap about what anybody thinks, so I don't think this is going to stop anything (oh, bitter irony..). So, why not just

Casey said:

- Josh: I like what you're trying to do. It's not really my personal style, but you're getting out there, you're performing, and you're (hopefully) becoming a better performer because of this. I know that is more than I can say. If you enjoy or find support in feedback from online communities, just post the damn videos and screw whatever anyone else would think. In the end, it's your journey.

At all - we don't really have to start a freaking war over this right? Just let the damn guy have his fun with his hobby in whatever way he sees fit, whether you agree with the whole Youtube celeb thing or not. As long as nobody is violating the forum rules, we should all be cool, right? ... right?

Honestly, you all need to blaze up more or something.
[/Rant]

[Rant]
Seriously guys, what the ****?

- formula: You have some valid points. You've made them, I think everybody is clear. Still, this is teh interweb, so it's not like anyone is going to give a crap about what anybody thinks, so I don't think this is going to stop anything (oh, bitter irony..). So, why not just

- Josh: I like what you're trying to do. It's not really my personal style, but you're getting out there, you're performing, and you're (hopefully) becoming a better performer because of this. I know that is more than I can say. If you enjoy or find support in feedback from online communities, just post the damn videos and screw whatever anyone else would think. In the end, it's your journey.

At all - we don't really have to start a freaking war over this right? Just let the damn guy have his fun with his hobby in whatever way he sees fit, whether you agree with the whole Youtube celeb thing or not. As long as nobody is violating the forum rules, we should all be cool, right? ... right?

Honestly, you all need to blaze up more or something.
[/Rant]

Thanks man, thats what I've been trying to say for a while now

Jun 8, 2011
I personally don't care the for the videos, however I do have to give respect to someone that would feel comfortable to share his performance with the rest of the world. It takes big stones to do what this kid does. Giving him a hard time because you don’t like his videos is just being childish. As he said, if you don’t like them, move along...or...if you want to give feedback, do so once and don’t hammer him. I have no idea who these youtube celebrities are but I don’t let it bother me that he is performing for them. I don’t know why it is a concern for you who he performs for. I can’t fathom a reason why you dislike this kid so much unless you are a little jealous of the attention he is getting as a result of his posts. In any case, get off his back and just ignore his posts. It isn’t a big deal and it gives him pleasure to share. Let him have his 15 minutes.

I personally don't care the for the videos, however I do have to give respect to someone that would feel comfortable to share his performance with the rest of the world. It takes big stones to do what this kid does. Giving him a hard time because you don’t like his videos is just being childish. As he said, if you don’t like them, move along...or...if you want to give feedback, do so once and don’t hammer him. I have no idea who these youtube celebrities are but I don’t let it bother me that he is performing for them. I don’t know why it is a concern for you who he performs for. I can’t fathom a reason why you dislike this kid so much unless you are a little jealous of the attention he is getting as a result of his posts. In any case, get off his back and just ignore his posts. It isn’t a big deal and it gives him pleasure to share. Let him have his 15 minutes.

Thanks man! I'm not asking everyone to like my videos, I know I can't please everyone. I think you summed it up perfectly

Jul 13, 2008
Haha formula? Being mature? I don't think that's possible for him. Really guys, lets get back on topic. I find it really annoying when someone posts a video and then all hell breaks loose between forum members just because of one stupid disagreement. Anyways, I enjoyed the video, bro! Keep making them. It's nice to see videos of people performing magic to other people for a change.

Haha formula? Being mature? I don't think that's possible for him. Really guys, lets get back on topic. I find it really annoying when someone posts a video and then all hell breaks loose between forum members just because of one stupid disagreement. Anyways, I enjoyed the video, bro! Keep making them. It's nice to see videos of people performing magic to other people for a change.

Thanks! I love performing so its always fun when I get to showcase it =]

Oct 29, 2009
Just around

Anyway, I loved the second trick josh, I think the idea is great. No offense though, but the presentation and patter weren't good at all. The reasoning for pulling out a bill and making washington turn into lady gaga didn't make any sense. Saying "I'm going to read your mind in a weird way (<paraphrasing)" is a poor motivation for the effect. But if you can justify all that through patter, I think you have a neat effect. I also think it would be nice to add more humor to the effect (so many possibilities with celebs). Nothing to say on the actual effects, as both were performed well. Just work on you patter and presentation, because as these effects are, you just seemed to be a guy doing "tricks", and it was a bit dull. HOWEVER, who am I to say anything, because she seemed to enjoy the effects, so that's good :) (but I still think presentation would improve these a TON).
Keep it up man!

Cheers,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results