"The Wire" just an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Because of cases like this, I believe you should start making quick replies to the authors of rejected uploads. Nothing fancy, just something like "Production quality should be better, the teaching is too fuzzy, the effect is already published, this is just a variation, etc"... I'm planning to film something until the end of the month and although I'm pretty sure that the value of the effect is big and that the price will be ridiculous, if I somehow get rejected I sure would like to know why in one or two brief sentences. I know you probably get many submissions daily, but how much of your time could that take? This is just a thought, of course.

Sep 7, 2008
Oh wah. Dude chill. ... Don't blame the wire because you don't have the creativity to work through your problems. ... but sitting here crying like a little baby because things aren't "easy" for you is just pathetic.

Really? Joe is more than creative enough to come up with great material (and he has) and is far from "crying like a little baby."

Aug 18, 2010
Washington DC
I will not fry you up because I have respect for this website and do not want to give it a bad reputation. But seriously dude? When was the last time you released an effect? probably never. BTW windows movie maker now costs 50 dollars. Do your research before you make a bold statement as such.
Oh wah. Dude chill. You don't need fancy equipment to make a good video. Last I checked every damn computer made in the past five years comes standard with Windows Movie Maker, and MOST cellphones take decent video. Hell my I-phone takes pretty damn good HD video. Don't blame the wire because you don't have the creativity to work through your problems.

My father always said you'll find the time for the things that matter most in your life. If you want to produce material bad enough, then you'll do it. but sitting here crying like a little baby because things aren't "easy" for you is just pathetic.

Oct 13, 2011
I can see where Joe is coming from. I think he is saying that its harder for some people to make a better quality video because some people lack the resources but that does mean it cannot be done. It will just take more effort like Michael said but you shouldn't discourage people to post because this is where someones career could start. Its just a place for the new generation of magic to start and one day these tricks will probably end up in an old magic book that people will have. Like Michael Vincent once said "leave magic in a better condition then when you found it" and I think the wire is where it could start. Just my thoughts.

D.w.

Aug 18, 2010
Washington DC
okay guys let's not all suck up to johnathan...
Even though I knew it was a joke, it was exactly what I was thinking. I went back up the page because I was thinking: didn't Wiehl write that...?

I would like to state for the record: I have taken a screen shot of this, and if you do not hold up to your end of the agreement there will be outrage. Mutiny. And perhaps some sort of petition for your resignation.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Been reading this for awhile. I know some of you are thinking that your video won't get accepted because you don't have crazy editing software and the likes. If you still feel that way, I can do the editing for you. My main deal is intros. If you want an example, here you are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_iDS1Vge98

I got bored and created an intro for Pure Smoke by Ellusionist.

BTW windows movie maker now costs 50 dollars.

Windows movie maker came installed on my computer, and it's only 5 months old. I didn't pay a cent for it. This also seems to be the standard for most window's machines. Just saying.

@Prace I don't know who this person is so I am not in a position to make that kind of statement of character. My first introduction to him was his opening statement in this thread that to me read like someone was crying because they didn't like the wire for what ever reason. Obviously the OP is intelligent enough to realize that his post could be received negatively because of his closing remark about getting ripped for it- or what ever it was he said. I would quote but I'm on my phone and can't go back for a reference. At the point in time that Joe wrote his Opening post he had only 9 or so posts to his name. To me this, along with the perceived tone delivered in his message just looked like someone was being a troll. I really don't have much history to work with this person on. Also J, your comment about his creativity below is mislead. I wasn't suggesting he wasn't creative towards developing magic. I was drawing into question his creativity to problem solve.
Really? Joe is more than creative enough to come up with great material (and he has)...

@Joe I'd rather you refrain from "frying me up" because you respect me over this website. There is no sense in being chivalrous now on the websites behalf. I don't honestly think the words of a new user with less than a bakers dozen posts to their name, and no credit in the community is going to do much in the way of harming its reputation.

But seriously dude? When was the last time you released an effect? probably never. Do your research before you make a bold statement as such.
Funny thing about doing your research before you shoot your mouth off... I have one product on the market. I will give you some credit, you're somewhat right, I don't have a lot out there though. What I have, to date, is one book that was produced through the wire and that's it. Although I will point out that I have remained on the Top Ten boards since the wire released with my E-Book, and garnered such high praises for my work from others such as Dan Sperry, and Morgan Strebler, but now I'm just name dropping. I digress. I have other projects in the works, but I do not publish things for magicians consumption. I will though regardless of who you are or what you've done call you out on anything I see as BS until a point in time comes that my opinion can be swayed by fact or by character. You opened yourself up for rebuke and you know it. I'm surprised your acting all butt hurt over it now. The point I stand on remains that it appears you created this thread for the sole purpose of complaining which as you should know will only bait flames and arguments which does nothing constructive for this website, this forum, this community, or your own cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results