Rookie mistake.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
So today I had a walk around gig at a hospital in the city (staff Christmas party). I get there and realise that I forgot my case with EVERYTHING in it at home. I have nothing. No cards no coins nothing.

So I swung by the gift store and bought all the decks they had (3), and asked the information booth for a large paperclip.

I was able to rock out the full 2 hours with those supplies (all card tricks) Had a great time!

I mostly did Jokers Wild, Killer B (drew X's on the backs), ambitious card with paperclipped finish.

I threw in Biddle, a simple monte routine, and 3/4 across for the one person that had coins.

I just finished prepping 2 basic 'emergency' bags each with 2 decks, quarters, sponge balls and thumb tips. One for each car. This won't happen again!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
So today I had a walk around gig at a hospital in the city (staff Christmas party). I get there and realise that I forgot my case with EVERYTHING in it at home. I have nothing. No cards no coins nothing.

So I swung by the gift store and bought all the decks they had (3), and asked the information booth for a large paperclip.

I was able to rock out the full 2 hours with those supplies (all card tricks) Had a great time!

I mostly did Jokers Wild, Killer B (drew X's on the backs), ambitious card with paperclipped finish.

I threw in Biddle, a simple monte routine, and 3/4 across for the one person that had coins.

I just finished prepping 2 basic 'emergency' bags each with 2 decks, quarters, sponge balls and thumb tips. One for each car. This won't happen again!

Haha, sounds amazing man. Props on being able to patch things up with nothing.
Honestly, sometimes I think I'm carrying WAY too many stuff with me, when in reality a deck of cards, two rubber bands, 4 coins and sponge balls would be perfectly fine.
Smart move on making emergency kit, I guess we should all learn from ours (and your) mistake. This is why it cannot hurt to learn some tricks that don't involve anything, or just involve pen and paper.
Other things we can do is wear more magic accessories on us. For example, I always have rings with me, a ring flight on my key chain, key bending on my key chain, Infinity ring on my necklace etc. So even if I forget my bag, I'm still wearing at least 12-20 minutes of magic on my body.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
This is a similar story to the one behind Gregory Wilsons On The Spot DVD. Well done thinking on your feet.

SIX

Sep 11, 2007
NYC
This is a similar story to the one behind Gregory Wilsons On The Spot DVD. Well done thinking on your feet.

On the spot is an Invaluable tool and the ideas on there saved me numerous times lol Good work man! Glad you were able to pull it off.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I can't say I have done this yet because I am seriously OCD about my props case. I probably check and recheck all of my props and make sure that my gig case is in the vehicle like 3 times...ha ha.

Yikes, you had to be sweating bullets man. I would have done the same thing. I would have either hit the gift shop for cards and then probably asked the nurses or anyone who works behind a desk for some rubberbands a note pad and a pen.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Even just having an unopened deck of cards in each car would have been smart. If I had been somewhere downtown, there are no gift shops or convenience stores. I'm not sure what I would have done.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results