Visual close up magic

Jun 12, 2014
hi!

please give me some of the best visuall magic,for close up..

i have alot of cards routins and im looking for other general objects to do for close up..thanks!

Aug 16, 2011
hi!

please give me some of the best visuall magic,for close up..

i have alot of cards routins and im looking for other general objects to do for close up..thanks!

I'd recommend getting The Bold Project by Justin Miller. AMAZING stuff! It's got cards, coins, rings and other objects and the effects are amazing and practical in the real world.

Also, for an awesome 5 phase ring routine, check out 'Divorce' also by Justin Miller. Technically it could be 6 phases if you pair it with 'The Ring Thing' by Garrett Thomas.

Jun 12, 2014
I'd recommend getting The Bold Project by Justin Miller. AMAZING stuff! It's got cards, coins, rings and other objects and the effects are amazing and practical in the real world.

Also, for an awesome 5 phase ring routine, check out 'Divorce' also by Justin Miller. Technically it could be 6 phases if you pair it with 'The Ring Thing' by Garrett Thomas.

thanks! and witch Bold Project by Justin Miller the first?or the second?

are you performing for a certain show or reason? that would make it easier for people to recommend stuff. how long have you been doing magic for? I can recommend some great visual magic but the difficulty is higher and takes more practice and ability.

Jun 12, 2014
Im preform for 4 years at resturants and streets,but now i look for extrimaly visual routins..and preferd not cards and coins becouse i do every thing with them..and i love practice so you can give me also hard effects..

Aug 16, 2011
thanks! and witch Bold Project by Justin Miller the first?or the second?

They're both good, but the 1st project has more card stuff, the 2nd project has a really cool effect called 'String Theory' which I think is worth the price alone and also an awesome impromptu coin transposition and an awesome Bill Change effect called 'The Great Divide' It is a bill switch that is practical and you can actually hand out the bill to pay for stuff, instead of having to change it back into a stupid dollar bill and say a corny line like, 'but it doesn't last long'

Long story short, I'd recommend both, but if you had to choose just one, I'd go with the 2nd project.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Im preform for 4 years at resturants and streets,but now i look for extrimaly visual routins..and preferd not cards and coins becouse i do every thing with them..and i love practice so you can give me also hard effects..

Please tell me English isn't your first language. . . oi vey!

Magicians are supposed to be EDUCATED or as the movie says, "The smartest person in the room" and that as the rule would suggest that we know how to spell, what versions of a word to use for proper syntax, etc. We also know how to speak with clarity and projection so as to sound intelligent.

Sorry for busting you on this but if you want to be understood and get a better response it would be best that you apply yourself in this manner; especially if you plan on moving further into show biz and make it a career option, you won't get big $$$ corporate gigs with the level of language command you display here.

Now, if you made it through that tongue lashing you're ready for the next. . . all magic is visual (not to be confused with Mentalism, which is NOT one in the same thing). As to how visual and "impossible" it is depends entirely on you, how you have learned the effect and requisite slights as well as presentation. The Cups & Balls are very visual and highly effective . . . in the right hands! We can say this about ring & lace routines and most coin magic. My guess is however, you tripped over a copy of RRCM and got stuck there vs. learning from one of the fundamental courses in magic like the Mark Wilson, Josh Jay or Tarbell systems which would teach you sufficient slight of hand to be able to execute magic with most anything handed to you. . . this is especially true with the Tarbell Course e.g. my recommendation is that you get back to the basics first and learn your slights; start with the Bill Tarr NOW YOU SEE IT/NOW YOU DON'T BOOKS (Vol. I & II) and then graduate up the ladder to coin magic via Bobo's MODERN COIN MAGIC. These two books will more than move you forward in finding the kind of magic you're looking for as well as the freedom to be more resourceful and creative "on the spot". From there I'd look up books and DVDs on Bar Magic and Improvisational Magic, Stevens Magic Emporiums carries a long list of such materials as well as some real gems in VHS format.

Learn to invest in and learn from books in that you will get far more for the dollar ventured than you will buying a bunch of over-hyped CDs/DVDs and downloads.

BTW. . . I just spent $75.00 on a book that teaches one single effect that will take a minimum of a year to get smooth enough (in my mind and standards) to perform publicly; the author dedicated his whole life learning nothing but this one ancient routine and I can assure you that it's exceptionally visual and dumbfounds the majority of the magicians that witness it.

[video]http://youtu.be/GUqmter5VeI[/video]

Jun 12, 2014

Magicians are supposed to be EDUCATED or as the movie says, "The smartest person in the room" and that as the rule would suggest that we know how to spell, what versions of a word to use for proper syntax, etc. We also know how to speak with clarity and projection so as to sound intelligent.

Sorry for busting you on this but if you want to be understood and get a better response it would be best that you apply yourself in this manner; especially if you plan on moving further into show biz and make it a career option, you won't get big $$$ corporate gigs with the level of language command you display here.

Now, if you made it through that tongue lashing you're ready for the next. . . all magic is visual (not to be confused with Mentalism, which is NOT one in the same thing). As to how visual and "impossible" it is depends entirely on you, how you have learned the effect and requisite slights as well as presentation. The Cups & Balls are very visual and highly effective . . . in the right hands! We can say this about ring & lace routines and most coin magic. My guess is however, you tripped over a copy of RRCM and got stuck there vs. learning from one of the fundamental courses in magic like the Mark Wilson, Josh Jay or Tarbell systems which would teach you sufficient slight of hand to be able to execute magic with most anything handed to you. . . this is especially true with the Tarbell Course e.g. my recommendation is that you get back to the basics first and learn your slights; start with the Bill Tarr NOW YOU SEE IT/NOW YOU DON'T BOOKS (Vol. I & II) and then graduate up the ladder to coin magic via Bobo's MODERN COIN MAGIC. These two books will more than move you forward in finding the kind of magic you're looking for as well as the freedom to be more resourceful and creative "on the spot". From there I'd look up books and DVDs on Bar Magic and Improvisational Magic, Stevens Magic Emporiums carries a long list of such materials as well as some real gems in VHS format.

Learn to invest in and learn from books in that you will get far more for the dollar ventured than you will buying a bunch of over-hyped CDs/DVDs and downloads.

BTW. . . I just spent $75.00 on a book that teaches one single effect that will take a minimum of a year to get smooth enough (in my mind and standards) to perform publicly; the author dedicated his whole life learning nothing but this one ancient routine and I can assure you that it's exceptionally visual and dumbfounds the majority of the magicians that witness it.

haha oi vey!yes,my eanglish isnt my first language.and actully im more good at speak and understend then spell and write at eanglish ..
my slieght of hands are pretty good,i preform alot of david roth coins routins and joshua jay routins from the dvd set ''talk about tricks''.what im looking for is more like tv tricks,not ceamera tricks,like dynamo stuff and more gimmicks included,less slighets..like overstuff and folding key and tight spot(sankey)and loops..but there is so much like them in the market that i want help to choose the best of them..

Apr 17, 2013
I picked up Flash by Chad Long. I wasn't a fan of the supplied props but it took me all of 15 minutes and $10 to make new ones.

Jun 9, 2014
2 card Monty is a great one. Or vapr. Decoy. One great one is instinct There are tons of visual street magic illusions. Hope this helped!!

Apr 17, 2013
2 card Monty is a great one. Or vapr. Decoy. One great one is instinct There are tons of visual street magic illusions. Hope this helped!!

The bolded ones are cards. in his OP he said he would like to branch out.

Rubber bands are great to learn as well. you can do most rubber band effects with borrowed ones.

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali

What a pointless critique in the beginning. You should have waited on a response first before thrashing the kid for not being grammatically correct.

With that said, the proper spelling is "sleights", not "slights". :)

Apr 17, 2013
What a pointless critique in the beginning. You should have waited on a response first before thrashing the kid for not being grammatically correct.

With that said, the proper spelling is "sleights", not "slights". :)

At least he gave an effect idea...

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
Correct. Only after he tried to give advice on how to properly type and speak, to someone who uses English as their second language. And even still, incorrectly misspelled a word. :)

So I can add my 2 cents...

Gregory Wilson's On the Spot DVD is great close up magic without cards.

Anything by Dan Hauss.

There. :)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
If you want visual walk around ideas that are non card or coins...I highly recommend: rubber band magic, the magic pencil where the #2 jumps from end to end and then gets stretched out, mini chop cup routine, ring and string material, sponge balls, gypsy thread, etc. You can also incorporate some nice little mentalism pieces in restaurant / strolling magic with a little effect called Free Will or Chris Kenthworthy's Ultra Telethought Wallet. These have all served me well over the years.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
If your going to do Gypsy thread walk around, I would instead go for Lonnie Chevrie's version. It just looks better because it's something pretty much EVERYBODY has at home. Also the set up takes like 15 seconds to do.

Apr 17, 2013
If your going to do Gypsy thread walk around, I would instead go for Lonnie Chevrie's version. It just looks better because it's something pretty much EVERYBODY has at home. Also the set up takes like 15 seconds to do.

And it has a built in cutter.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results