Break

Dec 25, 2008
again, how many refills will be in the refill pack?????? It seems like the question is being skipped over as it has been asked more than once in different ways. Before we buy the effect we want to know how much it will cost to "keep it going"

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
again, how many refills will be in the refill pack?????? It seems like the question is being skipped over as it has been asked more than once in different ways. Before we buy the effect we want to know how much it will cost to "keep it going"
My estimate is that since the trick comes with 25 coins a refill should have 25 coins as well. JB said it would be sold at a discounted price so 25 coins in a $29.95 refill makes sense as when you first buy the trick each penny costs $2 but after you buy it refills come out to ~$1.16 per penny.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
My question to anyone who has bought Break or is a staff member is how durable are these coins? Can you stick them in the coin pocket in your wallet without fear of them breaking on their own? (cause there would be other coins like quarters and nickels in there pressing on the penny). Or is it safer to dig it out of your pocket or "find" it on the street.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey DW, that's correct - 25 coins will be in each refill pack, and 25 coins are included with each original purchase.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
My question to anyone who has bought Break or is a staff member is how durable are these coins? Can you stick them in the coin pocket in your wallet without fear of them breaking on their own? (cause there would be other coins like quarters and nickels in there pressing on the penny). Or is it safer to dig it out of your pocket or "find" it on the street.
Surprisingly durable. Yep, they're pretty safe to keep in your pocket without fear of them breaking before you want them to. I've kept coins in my pocket for several days, and I've never had a situation where they broke before I wanted them to.

To be safe, though, and to prevent the risk of accidentally spending them (!!), it's probably a good idea to keep them a little bit separated, like in a jacket pocket or the like. But yep, they're very durable.

Maxcode

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2015
I think it looks amazing not so hard to figure out I am still gonna buy it but my friend has it and showed the method it is what I thought it would be

Aug 9, 2013
Hello,

Are refills available for this yet? If so can someone provide a link? I have purchased this effect in the past and do not see the option to purchase refills.

LamontMcgee

Jul 22, 2016
I've never seen this trick, but I'd say making the gimmicked coin as a quarter or half dollar would make a larger and better visual effect vs. a penny ?

Jul 22, 2016
If you're borrowing a penny from a mark (someone in the crowd), then some sleight of hand skills will need to be mastered in order to swap out the real penny for the gimmicked one. THEN, the mark signs your gimmicked penny. This is the trouble for me, I'm no good at sleight and if the mark is wise, they WILL catch your sleight. Thus, I'd have to have more information b4 I bought the trick. I see on here where guys are having to practice for months on other tricks to learn them. Not for me. Gotta be self working with little practice.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
If you're borrowing a penny from a mark (someone in the crowd), then some sleight of hand skills will need to be mastered in order to swap out the real penny for the gimmicked one. THEN, the mark signs your gimmicked penny. This is the trouble for me, I'm no good at sleight and if the mark is wise, they WILL catch your sleight. Thus, I'd have to have more information b4 I bought the trick. I see on here where guys are having to practice for months on other tricks to learn them. Not for me. Gotta be self working with little practice.

The bluff vanish in conjunction with a pile of loose change will work to switch in the gimmick. This is almost completely self working in that regard, to put it into perspective my 2 year old niece can perform the sleight perfectly. You then can break the penny with nothing in your hands at all besides the penny. (A note regarding sleight of hand. I am able to fool magicians on a regular basis using nothing but sleight of hand. They can be the wisest of marks)

Unfortunatley, the way the gimmicks are made it doesn't translate to other coins. There are aspects in the penny that makes it work the way it does. Besides, for every performance you really do destroy a penny, I wouldn't want to destroy anything larger. There are other tricks out there where you bend larger coins but the trade off is much worse.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results