App for magicians (Magic Manager)

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
Hey,

I've lately been working on this app to organize and store magic, as it is getting closer to being finished and I'd like to get some feedback!
My key goals were to make the app simple (using the beautiful material design) and diverse.

The main screen will looks something like this:
Screenshot_20160717-195213.png

You will be able to sort your magic with tags, for example #opener/#standartDeck etc.

For every piece of magic you can add card views (text/video/image) to visualize anything!
An example for a card trick :
Screenshot_20160719-164710.png

Screenshot_20160719-164725.png

Screenshot_20160719-164729.png

This way you can also track sleigh of hand progress, structure shows etc.

Some questions I've got:
-Would you use the app?
-How do you like the design (colors/layout etc.)?
-How do you like the concept of the card views?

I have so many ideas about features I could include next, but I'd first like to release a basic version and see how well people like and use it.

If you are interested I did make a landing page for the app, you can leave your e-mail there. You will get exactly one e-mail when the app is published

magic-manager.launchrock.com

I'm exited to hear some feedback!

Have a nice day,
Norbert

Reactions: Martin Eret
Aug 4, 2015
That's not bad! So, is this for magicians who create their own tricks and this is where they store them? Or is it like an encyclopedia?

As for modifications, I recommend you polish it just a little more. Instead of those tags, you could be given the option to name a trick and then later search for it. Also, I have some suggestions if you don't mind.
* Do you think you can try to make a local forum of magicians? Like, you can select a certain mile radius or something like that?
* Do you think you can have a GPS that will show you the nearest magic shop?

These are just ideas. I might use it if it's for windows phone. Keep up the good work!

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
Instead of those tags, you could be given the option to name a trick and then later search for it
I think the tags would be very helpful. Naming would be important as well, but if you're looking for an effect in a general category of magic then you could search by tags (e.g. Card Magic, Gimmicked, etc.)

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
Thanks for the feedback!
That's not bad! So, is this for magicians who create their own tricks and this is where they store them? Or is it like an encyclopedia?

Yes this for magicians who want to write their tricks down.
I'm still working on it, so polishing will definitely happen!

Instead of those tags, you could be given the option to name a trick and then later search for it

When you save a new trick you have to name it, I will include searching via name.

And what AmberGraci said was exactly my though!
I think the tags would be very helpful. Naming would be important as well, but if you're looking for an effect in a general category of magic then you could search by tags (e.g. Card Magic, Gimmicked, etc.)

* Do you think you can try to make a local forum of magicians? Like, you can select a certain mile radius or something like that?
* Do you think you can have a GPS that will show you the nearest magic shop?

I really like the idea to include some social aspects (connection magicians)! But I thing this would be a completely new project, same for magic shops, getting a database of all shops is a lot of work.

I'll first publish this one, but I really like the idea, maybe I will be able to do something about that in the future!

I might use it if it's for windows phone. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! As for now it is only in development for Android, I could port it to Windows phone and I-OS later on!

Aug 4, 2015
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes this for magicians who want to write their tricks down.
I'm still working on it, so polishing will definitely happen!

When you save a new trick you have to name it, I will include searching via name.

And what AmberGraci said was exactly my though!

Ah, okay.

I really like the idea to include some social aspects (connection magicians)! But I thing this would be a completely new project, same for magic shops, getting a database of all shops is a lot of work.

I'll first publish this one, but I really like the idea, maybe I will be able to do something about that in the future!

Cool. Yeah, that's true. No hurry.

Thanks! As for now it is only in development for Android, I could port it to Windows phone and I-OS later on! That'd be really cool. I think you would get HUGE amount of downloads once you port it to I-OS. Then you could give Windows a try. I say "Windows" not just for me but because since it's difficult to port, we don't get a lot of cool apps like this. Keep us posted on when you finish it up!

My reply is in bold and italic in the quote.

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
Quick update: I've been polishing and fixing bugs for the last week! I hope I will be able to release it at the end of this week/ at the beginning of the next week!

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
For anyone who is interested, it will probably be published tomorrow. I'm struggling to choose an icon though!
Which one do you guys like the most?
2957-7ba679dfcc1c206f83e3374b4a513694.jpg

2958-d3b9a4e0fdbd26510d64497b8c47a1fd.jpg

2959-7408c6275511f4dea41d623e843d7ac9.jpg

2960-33fb5b11632224214afb670fc81727f4.jpg

I'd love to receive some feedback!

Aug 4, 2015
For anyone who is interested, it will probably be published tomorrow. I'm struggling to choose an icon though!
Which one do you guys like the most?
2957-7ba679dfcc1c206f83e3374b4a513694.jpg

2958-d3b9a4e0fdbd26510d64497b8c47a1fd.jpg

2959-7408c6275511f4dea41d623e843d7ac9.jpg

2960-33fb5b11632224214afb670fc81727f4.jpg

I'd love to receive some feedback!
I can't see the images. Try posting them on imgur and leaving a link for each image.

Jul 17, 2015
Hello: Brudigem; I have been most anxiously awaiting your release of this software! It was supposed to be Wednesday or Thursday and maybe Friday and in America it is almost 7PM as I write this. Almost 1AM your time. That said, I am hoping that your app is add free. I do understand the need for revenue. So, if you offer an ad free version then I am prepared to pay handsomely for the privilege! I hope you get this app posted to the Google Play Store, post haste! I look forward to supporting this! But first - Publish Your App!

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
First I'm glad you are interested, sorry for the delay I underestimated the work that had to be done on the play store, I also encountered a few surprising bugs (it should save everything automatically but in some rare cases it did not) therefore I added a save button for the text views now. I will fix this in the next update. For now there is only the free version (with one little ad-banner on the main page), but I will publish a paid version next week too (it won't be expensive)! Google is currently processing the app, it will be available in a few hours, I'll post an update as soon as it is live!

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
Finally after ~1.5 months of development the app is released!!

Get it here:
[Removed due to advertising. Can place link in your forum signature if you like.]

Any feedback is highly appreciated! I will keep working on updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2015
I downloaded it, it seems a useful application. But when I tried to add an image for a note, application stops and give error message.

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
Ok thank you for the bug report! I fixed it , will upload it as an update now. The bug occurred when you chose a small image from the gallery (which led to a division by 0).

Mar 6, 2015
Sorry I didn't quite understand, what do you want to try? I just fixed the bug (I'll fix another minor bug real quick) and I'll upload an update within the next hour.

There will be a version published without ads the next week!

I am going to try to add images again. I do not mean to try it works or not. It will work of course.

Removing ads is good news!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results