Saturday Night Contest - School Supplies

Jan 13, 2016
Haha, I had a fun with creating this. Despite my a bit small hands, I had got a little trouble with totally clean transition from one side of double-sided tape to the other :) Otherwise I did 2 strange moves. 1 - in 0:34 I had to scratch myself, and it seems like I secretly took eraser and vanished there. 2 - I did weird moves on pencil vanish, that's why I called it Crazy or Crazy style (a bit too long to put in a video). Enjoy :)

Here's my entry! Even though in the video I say the zippo lighter is magical, it was not the magic prop I used. It is a custom zippo but it is in no way a magic prop. The prop I did use was an ink pen to right the F and the A which is something that engineering students use thus I found it perfect for this contest. Love the entries so far and hope you guys enjoy this one as well. Good luck to all involved!

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Here's my entry! Even though in the video I say the zippo lighter is magical, it was not the magic prop I used. It is a custom zippo but it is in no way a magic prop. The prop I did use was an ink pen to right the F and the A which is something that engineering students use thus I found it perfect for this contest. Love the entries so far and hope you guys enjoy this one as well. Good luck to all involved!
Nice to see you throwing your hat into the ring! Good luck, Tyler!

Dec 31, 2015

It's a very nice effect to be sure, I personally enjoy using it, the only drawback is that the only way for me to perform it at high school is that I need to obtain special permission from the principal (which would be granted) in the event of a Talent Show. Good luck in the judging.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
It's a very nice effect to be sure, I personally enjoy using it, the only drawback is that the only way for me to perform it at high school is that I need to obtain special permission from the principal (which would be granted) in the event of a Talent Show. Good luck in the judging.
You could do the reverse and make a hidden message appear by cooling it. I was going to try and make writing appear by using an ice cube appear from my mouth but couldn't justify it for the video.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Dec 31, 2015
You could do the reverse and make a hidden message appear by cooling it. I was going to try and make writing appear by using an ice cube appear from my mouth but couldn't justify it for the video.

The reappearance was something I've been working on for a while now; however, I couldn't make the ink as dark as the original.

The reappearance was something I've been working on for a while now; however, I couldn't make the ink as dark as the original.
I found it to be difficult too and I went to Jeff Stone's Live Lecture and he gave some tips on it. Make sure whatever you are using it with is very cool (the colder the better) and do it slowly. The slower you do it, the more clear it will appear.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results! It wasn't easy, but we have come to a decision. A ton of great entries this week, but we can only decide on one winner. With that said, let's get onto the results!

We picked this week's winner based on creativity, originality, and execution. We felt this entry showcased those three criteria the best overall, as it was a creative and original take on a production, and the execution was solid. Congrats to Stu-pendous for taking home the prize with his effect! Please contact our support team with the details to claim your prize!

We would also like to extend a few honorable mentions to Sergey Koller, DominusDolorum, and marcopaso for their great performances and ideas. Some really solid stuff there; excellent work!

See you guys on Saturday for a new contest, and get ready for this Wednesday at 11am EST. You won't want to miss it!

Jun 12, 2016
Arizona
Congrats Stu-pendous.

Also,
They also don't like flash paper, but I should've seen that coming. XD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results