How to throw cards

Mar 12, 2017
Can you list for me some ways to throw a playing card? I want to make a list with all the most famous(or not so famous) ways

Nov 25, 2016
India ,Cochin
Hi ,

Yea your gonna have to see to understand , but I feel the underhand throw ( like the one in-Now You See Me ) or the normal over shoulder are the best two and the easiest but your gonna have to know how to hold it for both and i don't really have a way to show you here right now so your gonna have to watch video's but yea .....

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
What exactly are you looking for? Card throwing (or scaling) itself isn't terrible famous so it's really hard to figure out what you mean by "famous ways of throwing a card".

I'm fairly certain that everyone that gets into card throwing develops their own way of holding the card to throw it.

Nov 25, 2016
India ,Cochin
What exactly are you looking for? Card throwing (or scaling) itself isn't terrible famous so it's really hard to figure out what you mean by "famous ways of throwing a card".

I'm fairly certain that everyone that gets into card throwing develops their own way of holding the card to throw it.

Yea he's right there everyone's got different style's so its all you but you can look to methods and modify it ........

Mar 2, 2016

Not famous you say? I beg to differ mon ami!
027fa73bce2f25d39433843e4ab12fa7.jpg

But now that I think about it, I wonder if there is a way of throwing multiple cards at the same time in an accurate manner...

Feb 18, 2015
Check out Jeff McBride both of you. McBride has a special thumb tip (I think) which allows you to scale cards farther. I also believe that a magician in China has thrown multiple cards at the same time to audiences (forgot his name)

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I learned from YouTube (sorry to anyone who gets angry, but its the 2nd decade of the 21st century). I've been throwing cards for about a year (I'm not that good though ;) ), but I found 3 or 4 different ways from YouTube alone. Here are the most helpful different methods, the videos were made by actual magicians;
The first video has the most different method I've ever seen (the second one he teaches I think). Good luck!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Well, in the context of the top shot/Hot shot,

You could include a Boomerang, a Flicker Shot, a regular hand shot (? a Flicker Shot without the Flicker), the Airbender, and that crazy helicopter thing Cardists do when they throw it around them in a perfect circle landing it back on the deck (I think it's called a sombrero?).

Check out cardist and magician youtube channels (the ones that actually teach), whenever they invent a way to throw cards, they post it because of the fact that they just want to share it with you at that point. Not sure if they invented these, but here are some to get you started:

One last note - something I semi-figured out but never played with was the Idea that you can do a fan, put a card into the fan so that it is partially in- but mostly jogged out, and if you flick the whole fan while holding it tight, it might shoot out (I think I may have daydreamed it, or I actually did it).

Jul 5, 2016
Texas
I stayed up most of last night trying to find the best way to throw a card just for you!!!!!! I hope this helps:

1. Place card in hand (if holding with fingers only hold loosely)
2. Cock arm back behind your head/body, or curl your arm up like a scorpions tail.
3. Whip arm forward making sure the card can escape your hand.
4. If the card left you hand, if it flutters or flies, you have (by definition) thrown a card. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 2, 2016
I stayed up most of last night trying to find the best way to throw a card just for you!!!!!! I hope this helps:

1. Place card in hand (if holding with fingers only hold loosely)
2. Cock arm back behind your head/body, or curl your arm up like a scorpions tail.
3. Whip arm forward making sure the card can escape your hand.
4. If the card left you hand, if it flutters or flies, you have (by definition) thrown a card. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

For a second there, I thought you had found some amazing advancement in card throwing techniques.

All that is missing is:
5. ???
6.Profit!

Reactions: Elok
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results