How to quickly uncrimp cards?

Nov 10, 2017
So whenever I start using the decks a lot it naturally will create some crimps here and there, which is confusing whenever I want to use the crimp as a card control.
So is there a quick way to uncrimp the cards so that after uncrimping the next crimp I do is the only one remaining?

thx

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So whenever I start using the decks a lot it naturally will create some crimps here and there, which is confusing whenever I want to use the crimp as a card control.
So is there a quick way to uncrimp the cards so that after uncrimping the next crimp I do is the only one remaining?

thx
Do you mean a crimp or a bend in the cards?

Feb 18, 2015
He means a click-the natural annoying bend that happens to the whole deck after lots of exposure to moisture/heat. To remove the click, it is really hard. Try lots of springs faro shuffles with bridges etc. Homer Liawag has a way that works for him, and Lloyd Barnes has a way where you take half the deck face up and half facedown and keep shuffling it. They don't work sometimes though.
A crimp is something different. It is a bend in a single card and is a powerful tool. Classic force a crimped card, and look away. Then let the spectator shuffle as many times. Then you can do a variation of finger flicker by Pit Hartling xD.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
He means a click-the natural annoying bend that happens to the whole deck after lots of exposure to moisture/heat. To remove the click, it is really hard. Try lots of springs faro shuffles with bridges etc. Homer Liawag has a way that works for him, and Lloyd Barnes has a way where you take half the deck face up and half facedown and keep shuffling it. They don't work sometimes though.

A crimp is something different. It is a bend in a single card and is a powerful tool. Classic force a crimped card, and look away. Then let the spectator shuffle as many times. Then you can do a variation of finger flicker by Pit Hartling xD.

I don't think he's talking about the annoying click because he mentions using the crimps in controls. If this is the case crimp one card and use it over and over again like a key card. I use the breather crimp on the 5 of diamonds as I feel like it outlines the placement of the crimp well.

If you are using a general corner crimp just be very light and it should come out if you are using a good durable deck. If not, you may be using a crimp that is meant to be permanent.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results