Apr 25, 2020
Hello!
I am working on a card to mouth routine;however, I having problems. Essentially, when I put the card in my mouth it comes out soggy and quite gross. Is there a way to avoid this? I’ve seen other magicians do it, I just don’t know how. Thanks!

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Are you referring to the classic CTM with the card sticking out of your mouth or do you mean a folded card to mouth where the entire card is inside your mouth while closed?

if the former, you don’t hold the card by the lips. You hold the card by the skin around the lips (as if you were making a granny face to show you had no teeth.)

If the latter, there isn’t really much you can do. David stone makes a gag out of this by spraying the card with disinfectant then sealing it inside a bag to give to the spectator.

Dec 5, 2015
I have an interesting idea if you want to try it out. Remember those wind up walking set of teeth that open and close as it walks. You can palm and load the card under the mouth(hence card to mouth using the card under box idea). Eugene Burger had this idea of having a card chosen and lost in the deck then removed 5 cards from the deck and laid them in a row on the table. He wound up the toy and let it walk across the cards where it stopped at the selection(mouth to card, kind of funny). I know this isn't what you're looking for but due to pandemic it's a funny alternative.

Reactions: RealityOne
Apr 25, 2020
I have an interesting idea if you want to try it out. Remember those wind up walking set of teeth that open and close as it walks. You can palm and load the card under the mouth(hence card to mouth using the card under box idea). Eugene Burger had this idea of having a card chosen and lost in the deck then removed 5 cards from the deck and laid them in a row on the table. He wound up the toy and let it walk across the cards where it stopped at the selection(mouth to card, kind of funny). I know this isn't what you're looking for but due to pandemic it's a funny alternative.
That sounds awesome! I love the funny twist on it. I definitely will consider giving that a try, thank you!!

Jan 4, 2018
theres really no way unless u wanna take like a cotton ball and put in in ur cheek like they use to at the dentist

Apr 25, 2020
theres really no way unless u wanna take like a cotton ball and put in in ur cheek like they use to at the dentist
...I could refuse to drink water for several days. I should be able to avoid a wet card then. (I’m just joking, your answer actually was helpful:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results