Which magician do you love to hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2008
Do people in here think that CA is the only magician that has used a stooge,camara tricks or gimmicks? Grow up. It just sounds to me like there are to many bad magicians here so they are mad when someone else makes it big.
As far as Brad and ellusionist, if you don't like it then don't go there. At least at ellusionist, this type of thread would have been stopped as soon as the bashing started. Grow up.
One more reason why I spend most of my time at E than here.

Jan 30, 2009
Actually there is a thread at e called "Do you like Criss Angel, why not?" It echos alot of the "bashing" in this thread. I don't agree with haters, but I also don't agree with any forum supressing discussion of the type when it can lead to an understanding of what we should avoid.

Aug 18, 2008
you mean you have to have someone in here tell you not to go to E ? Or not to dress like CA? And to have someone in here telling others that Angel doesnt know how to do a doublelift? What a joke. Jeff Mcbide is one of the best and I saw him on televisions Masters of Illusion do a very bad coin roll. But Im not going to try to convince anyone that he cant do it very well on most any given night. If you are jealous of Brad's success or Angel's success ( or any one elses) then be better and go farther, don't sit in a forum and talk about how they suck or how bad they are. The point is, they have advanced farther than most of us ever will.

Jan 30, 2009
you mean you have to have someone in here tell you not to go to E ? Or not to dress like CA? And to have someone in here telling others that Angel doesnt know how to do a doublelift? What a joke. Jeff Mcbide is one of the best and I saw him on televisions Masters of Illusion do a very bad coin roll. But Im not going to try to convince anyone that he cant do it very well on most any given night. If you are jealous of Brad's success or Angel's success ( or any one elses) then be better and go farther, don't sit in a forum and talk about how they suck or how bad they are. The point is, they have advanced farther than most of us ever will.

Actually I was pointing out the e is no different, so your point was false. My other point had to do with the insights you can get from actually hearing and discussing why you dislike something. If you open your mind a little you can find nuggets of wisdom in the discussion.

Aug 18, 2008
I agree that you can find nuggets of wisdom if you look but most of the comments are are uncalled for by people with out the talent of the people that they are whining about and I just think that the talk should be about ways to improve instead of wasteing space on petty jealousy. But,you are right, if you look through the garbage, there is some lessons to be learned. I just hate having to sort through the bashing all the time (on any magic forum) to find the good stuff, if you know what I mean.

Nov 25, 2008
In 2003 criss angel challenged david blaine to have a open competition.Blaine didnt respond because he knew that if he did then it would be more about "blaine vs angel" thing rather than about the magical experience.Recently morgan strebler challenged criss .Criss refused it.Criss' believe show is a complete disaster(according to most of the reviews).As far as his looks are concerned,he looks good and maybe has a lot of female admirers.But does that really matter?.Penn and Teller look like normal guys.But they are amazing and funny too.My favorite performers are
david blaine
derren brown(unique)
keith barry(merlin award 2009 winner)
Juan Tamariz(funny)
Bill malone(funny)
Tommy wonder(wish he was still with us)
Banachek
Jay Sankey
Daniel Madison
Jeff Mcbride
Eugene Burger(cool voice)
Lance burton
Rene Lavand(an inspiration to all performers)
Buck twins
Wayne houchin
Daniel Garcia(funny)
Penn and Teller
Angela Funovits

Jan 30, 2009
In 2003 criss angel challenged david blaine to have a open competition.Blaine didnt respond because he knew that if he did then it would be more about "blaine vs angel" thing rather than about the magical experience.Recently morgan strebler challenged criss .Criss refused it.Criss' believe show is a complete disaster(according to most of the reviews).As far as his looks are concerned,he looks good and maybe has a lot of female admirers.But does that really matter?.Penn and Teller look like normal guys.But they are amazing and funny
The Amazing Johnathan said he liked Believe. I think Criss has dug his own hole a little, but I also think magicians try too hard to be haters. The Blaine hate used to be way worse and Copperfield before that.

Dec 18, 2008
Chicago, IL
The Masked Magician

The Masked Magician. Need I say more? The worst part about the masked magician is that when he performs the effects he is horrible at them. It is like he learned the secrets, practiced once, and then said, "hey abc do I have a magic special for you!" Those who cannot do, teach horribly.

Kirby

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Jay sankey-his magic is good but i just dont think he's funny and I hate his voice.Not so much that i hate him its just...urgh.I dont know.

Brian Tudor-He's a douchebag.I try to like him but cant.

Criss angel-I dont hate him with a passion as so many people claim they do but I cant stand to watch his show.Too much self-gratification and not enough magic.

Liam walsh_his cocky attitude,lack of originality,dissing David copperfield and his "No?..watch,watch,watch" patter.Urgh

J

J:G

i personally hate
1) david blain
2) criss angel
3) cyrl

and finnaly..........................................DAVID J CASTLE!!!! (he bugs the crap out of me)

company: probably magic geek

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, damn exposers! I mean, hell, those Penn & Teller dudes. They suck! Who the hell gave them the authority to reveal everything anyway? And you know the worst of them all? Dai Vernon! That's right. Who does this Vernon punk think he is, revealing even some of the secrets of Cups and Balls? He labels it his "presentation" but it's like my favourite trick! And also those guys who talk about misdirection, I hate them too.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I pretty much dont hate any magicians.
CA, hes a awesome performer. A magician with a half ass presentation wont get anywhere. as for the "he uses stooges, its not real magic" kinda stuff, who says its not real magic? ask the audience.
Cyril. Same as CA.

Magicians I love:
Derren Brown, John Archer, Tommy Wonder, David Stone, David Williamson, Gregory Wilson, Allan Ackerman, Ammar, Penn and Teller, the Amazing Jonathan, Kozak, Rocco Silano, Dan Sperry.

There is one magician who really buggs the lliving hell out of me. Jay Sankey. Surprise surprise. I used to love the guy. He had some of the greatest material ever. In a Flash, Witchita Slip, etc. His old DVDs... wow. amazing stuff packed with material. But in the past few years, he started selling out. I noticed that in a few of his DVDs, he repeats routines in different context. Im sure he has teached paperclipped atleast 4 times. It really bugs me when magicians sell out for the money. And if you look at the stuff he sells now, its just dissappointing. He is stooping to the lowest of levels. I respect his enthusiam as a marketer and what not, but comon... making a new effect and imediatly making a single trick DVD is just being greedy. His new material aint that great either. "hey look i can make a deck balance......" whoop dee doo....

Yeah, damn exposers! I mean, hell, those Penn & Teller dudes. They suck! Who the hell gave them the authority to reveal everything anyway? And you know the worst of them all? Dai Vernon! That's right. Who does this Vernon punk think he is, revealing even some of the secrets of Cups and Balls? He labels it his "presentation" but it's like my favourite trick! And also those guys who talk about misdirection, I hate them too.

Who's Dai Vernon? Did he just release something at ellusionist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results