Who would you say will be the next flourishing God?

Sep 3, 2007
Thank you to everyone who mentioned the virts. Your support is much appreciated. =D

On top of that, i'd like to say good job to the people behind theory 11 and all, great website, really nice layout. Everything looks very professionally done up. Awesome.:)

Sep 3, 2007
Romania
I would say that the next big thing in flourishing will be(IS) Caludio Merlini(CIAPPI).It's a peety that he is with de'vo(always bragging that he's the only card artist, he invented all etc).
Please do not edit or delete.
:p
:D

Aug 31, 2007
Michigan
I'm pretty sure any 'outsider' to flourishing would think that the virts sped up their video. I used to think Brian Tudor sped up his videos, along with jordan lapping (that is before i knew how quick he actually was, and when u consider he practices for upwards of 10 hours a day, you could expect such results.). Three of the virtuoso members have been flourishing for like 3 years or more, so they're really fast and smooth. As I also said in a previous topic, laymen generally see things slower than we do, and moves can look like just a blur for some.
J4

I don't know if you called me an outsider or not. I have been flourishing since February.

Sep 4, 2007
i rekn kevin ho...

yeh, and ciappi is relli kool as well, he does relli amazing stuff and has insane creativity.

Sep 4, 2007
Interesting topic. I think in order to be considered a flourishing "god", one must be skilled in all areas of flourishing. Very few people can meet this criteria. Some names that come to my mind are Jerry Cestkowski and Bone.

As far as the next person to be added, I'm not sure there are any flourishers that fit the bill quite yet.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hmm. Hard to tell who the next card-god will be, but I can tell you this:

Bone as well as Virtuoso are going to throw out some crazy stuff. :D

Also, I guess most of you haven't seen Bone's or Virtuoso's magic, it would blow you away.

And about that guy's dad saying Virtuoso's video was sped up. It wasn't. I've met two of those guys in person, and they are just as fast and smooth, in fact, they were even more impressive live. :D

-Vince

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxv321, Jrunst3n, Digital Artist 6, xLOOMx, and webghost1 all have great potential. I'm waiting for the end of the HL tournament just to see who comes out on top and what these guys come up with. It'll be awe inspiring to see Maxv321 in a couple of years since he's at such a young age. Not even being able to drive yet. :(

Ciappi is pretty established getting his teaching section on XB II and such. FatFingerz, I'd consider him already established considering he landed himself a nice television spot in his home country for everyone to see.

Sep 1, 2007
Bristol,England
I dont think saying who will be the next flourishing god is a fair question, as its all just opinions and peoples personal preference.

Theirs so many good flourishers on the scene at the curent time, wouldnt be fair to say that one guy is the best.

It simply wouldnt be true:p

Many thanks

Daniel Chard

Sep 1, 2007
I think you should watch the HL tourney threads for who some of the up-and-comers are, De'vo is going to feature a bunch of the best forum members on his next DVD and these are guys that are really attaining professional level! guys like webghost, max321 and Ciappi for example are just freaking rad.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
This is probably the toughest question that has ever hit the cardistry forums. I watch all the videos that are submitted to T11 and on the YouTube.

I can't say I have a favorite but all I can say is the Bucks better watch out, these kids coming up are nothing but STRAIGHT TALENT lately.

Katie Egleston

Sep 1, 2007
Right now there is only one really flourishing "god" and that is the flourishman Jerry C. The main attribute that you need to be a God, is immortality. Since none of these johnny-come-lately kids have been prolific enough to say, release encyclopedias, DVDs, and the like, their "work" (at this point) will not leave a lasting mark, and will not stand the test of time.

If you really want to intelligently, quantitatively define who the next person is that will supercede J.C. (notice his initials are the same as, um, another famous figure in history?), it won't be someone that has just been flourishing for a couple years (which is almost everyone) Ergo, we won't see the next flourishing "god" for at least a decade, or longer, depending on how long the Flourishman continues to practice. I doubt that any of these kids practice nearly as much as the adults that have devoted themselves to this.

of course, that's thinking monotheistically, IF there can be a group of gods, then yeah singapore would probably be the next metaphorical Olympus. but Jerry would still Pwn on them with lighting bolts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results