Magic in a movie

Jan 3, 2008
Hello,

I would like to ask you about magic in movies, because I have seen Prestige and Illusionist. Are there any other movies about magic?

By the way, the thought just came to my mind.....Maybe T11 could create any kind of documentary (or movie:)p ) about magic. I would REALLY love to see it.

P.S. The idea of starring W.H and Danny makes me smile, but still ,as I mentioned, I would love to see it;).

Thank you for reading,

Tomas Simkus

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Yep,

Magicians came out last year. Wizard of Gore came out last year. Mandrake The Magician comes out this year. Shade came out a few years ago.

D

Deleted member 2755

Sorry, i don't know of any. :D A nice documentary or something along those lines would be fun to watch. I honestly look forward to Control not just for learning the method, but for watching Garcia and Wayne screw around for 2 hours.:p These DVDs entertain me :D

-Doug

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Magicians - I want to see that so bad, but haven't seen any DVD's for it in the U.S./New York. I only so the preview from a video on youtube.

The Prestige was a good movie. The thing I liked about it was that the good guy/bad guy kept changing, and the ending had a great twist.

Dec 13, 2007
I don't know what it was called but I think David Blaine produced (or something like that) a movie...but I don't know if it was magic related

also criss angel was on CSI: New York (which i know is not a movie but whatever)

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
Don't forget Shade starring Sly Stallone and Jamie Foxx, they pay SO much homage to Dai Vernon, even take a visit to the magic castle.. also there was an old movie called "The Magician" starring the guy that played in the Incredible Hulk show back in the 70's.. not Lou Ferrigno, the "pre-hulk" guy

Edit: there was a recent Chinese movie about magic.. can't think of the name of it though.. excellent movie though

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Is that not the film in which Criss Angel stars as the titular character? Or is he just designing all of the effects?

Actually, it has been confirmed that Criss is no longer slated to be the lead character in the film. To be honest, I'm not too sure how he is going to be tied into the movie, if at all.

If you look at the new article section at Ellusionist, you will find out more details about the movie and Criss' ties to it.

Shane

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Smokin' Aces had a little bit of magic in it but, barely any. There was about a 2minute span where it showed some flourishes and an Ace Production but, that's it.

It is still an awesome movie but, isn't totally based on magic.

-RA69

Had more actual magic than in The Illusionist. And the "main" character is a magician.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results