Outjogged Hermann Shift

Nov 19, 2007
MD
Hey, I saw the clip of this sleight and it looks awesome, but I was wondering: as well as controlling a card to the bottom, can you control it to the top? Assuming you can, does it require any awkward changes or is it basically the same as controlling it to the bottom? Thanks~

Dec 8, 2007
You cannot control the card to the top with just the shift. However, in the 1 on 1 video, Aaron Fisher teaches a method where you can control the card back to the top.

Sep 2, 2007
There is a way to control the card to the top of the deck, rather than the bottom. I believe Aaron Fisher teaches it during #96-- an application of the Outjogged Hermann Shift. The method is the same with a slight difference, which is all covered in the 1-on-1 video.

Cheers,
JTM

As stated there is a way and I also use an overhand shuffle to get it to the top sometimes to. Although his method is probably easier. And as JTM said #96 is an effect he teaches in the video download. It's a really nice effect in my opinion and a great application for the shift to be used in.
I would definitely recommend it if your debating about purchasing it.
Hope this helped,
Michael

Nov 19, 2007
MD
Yeah, I'm hoping to purchase it soon. Is controlling it to the top via the method Aaron teaches much more difficult than controlling it to the bottom?

Yeah, I'm hoping to purchase it soon. Is controlling it to the top via the method Aaron teaches much more difficult than controlling it to the bottom?

No, just one extra tiny tiny move. I realize I said tiny twice. (emphasis) It is a bit simpler to get it to the bottom but both ways are fairly simple but require very large amounts of practice to perfect.
Hope this helped,
Michael

Sep 2, 2007
The Outjogged Hermann Shift itself will take practice -- as with anything -- to execute perfectly. However, once you get down the shift, the difference in controlling the card to the top of the deck, rather than the bottom, is minute-- the difference is as simple as taking a deck of cards out of its box.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results