The End :: I Wish You Well

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I made a very hard decision that was a long time in coming about a week ago. I've decided to give up magic and continue other interests in my life.

Normally, I wouldn't even care to post about this, but I figured that somebody might be able to benefit from this. I will slowly be placing my things on eBay from week to week and this will include EVERYTHING that I've even owned that deals with your art. Yes, my deck of Jerry's that I will be receiving soon from Theory11 as well will be on eBay once I get it along with the rest of my holiday contest prize. As well as a copy of Totally Out Of Control.

You can look up the items that I am selling through the screen name on eBay...

ShaneKrash

Farewell.

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I made a very hard decision that was a long time in coming about a week ago. I've decided to give up magic and continue other interests in my life.

Normally, I wouldn't even care to post about this, but I figured that somebody might be able to benefit from this. I will slowly be placing my things on eBay from week to week and this will include EVERYTHING that I've even owned that deals with your art. Yes, my deck of Jerry's that I will be receiving soon from Theory11 as well will be on eBay once I get it along with the rest of my holiday contest prize. As well as a copy of Totally Out Of Control.

You can look up the items that I am selling through the screen name on eBay...

ShaneKrash

Farewell.

Shane

Shane: It is sad to see a fellow magician go. I do however understand that magic does take up a lot of time and money, especially if you are really committed to being good within this art. Magic can give us lots of satisfaction, but it can also give us many disappointments (like when you find out how something is done, or having your audience not be impressed by a trick, though you think it's awesome).
I wish you well in all you do, and do keep the lessons learned while you had an interest in magic.

Juan M.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I respect your choice. But there seems to be a hole here... why?

Well, I'll explain it to the best of my abilities.

Although I had one hell of a run with magic, it honestly just wasn't truly a part of who I was as a person. Ever since the age of twelve I have been a musician. I'm going to be turning twenty in a week, so as you can see...I've had music in my life for many years. Within those years I put in many hours of practice and find that I am happiest when I am making music.

I wanted to go ahead and stop what I was doing with magic before it took it's toll on me financially.

I hope this makes sense.

Shane

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Ever since the age of twelve I have been a musician.

Looking over my shoulder at three guitars, a rack of synths, and an electric bass...

Why exactly do you think you have to pick one? You could do both. I don't make my living doing either one, but I still put in a lot of time and effort on both.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Looking over my shoulder at three guitars, a rack of synths, and an electric bass...

Why exactly do you think you have to pick one? You could do both. I don't make my living doing either one, but I still put in a lot of time and effort on both.

You know what?

I don't know why I feel like I have to pick one, but I do. I have a weird thing with commitment. Normally, us guys have a hard time commiting to things like relationships and whatever, but with me...I want to commit to this one thing. I want to be known for it.

Music is for me.

Shane

D

Deleted member 2755

You know what?

I don't know why I feel like I have to pick one, but I do. I have a weird thing with commitment. Normally, us guys have a hard time commiting to things like relationships and whatever, but with me...I want to commit to this one thing. I want to be known for it.

Music is for me.

Shane

Well, good luck with music, you will also always be welcomed back into the community should you ever want to get into magic again. :) Again, good luck!

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Shane,

I wish you well man. You have always been a positive person around here and contributed quite a bit to making things around here better. I am sure the decision didn't come easily but I am also sure that you know what is best for you.

Take care bud and remember magic is always going to be there if you change your mind down the road.

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I dont know anyone here cause i'm fairly new to the forums, but this thread have some sad atmosphere, and i am sad to see a fellow magician leave. His life as a magician ended (at least for now), while mine is only at the begining (i first grab a deck of cards 4 months ago), and he is 2 years younger than me.

Good luck with everything in live man.
Peace

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I actually understand the feeling, but I decided to stick with both magic and music, at least for the time being. (I'm 21, btw), I respect your choice, Krash. But this is personal opinion, I'd tell you to keep your Jerry's with you. You know, as a memory of the past?

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I thank you all for your support and kind words. If anything, while I am missing out on a hobby I've still got my friends from here.

Keep on rockin'.

Shane

PS...

I would be honored to allow those that want to, to hear my music.

I thank you all for your support and kind words. If anything, while I am missing out on a hobby I've still got my friends from here.

Keep on rockin'.

Shane

PS...

We'll I support your decision Shane. I understand the feeling of committment and the choices that we must make to be whole with ourselves but remember this. Time's change and our wants change and you may find yourself wanting to get back into magic one day so I would atleast keep most of your stuff and store it away and wait a year and see if you still feel the same. That's hard to say cause I want your Jerry's. haha

Your a good friend so make sure you keep in touch with us here at T11.

Peace and good luck!

Shane.:(

Sep 22, 2007
I would love to hear some of your music you will be missed you were a great part of the forums and the wont be the same again if you ever change your mind we will be here.

Seya Shane
ADAM

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
hey man im sad to see ya go :(. I wish you the best with your choice to be a musician.

EDIT: If you play rock and alternative kinda stuff id like to hear some :D

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz

Keep on rockin'.

Shane

PS...

Sorry to see you go.
Knowledge is in-dispensable and you were full of it, I really wish you would stay.

I would be honored to hear some of your music...hit me up with an email at (removed by request)

Sorry to see you go..
-(removed by request)

You know what?

Music is for me.

Shane
I completely understand that. I have been comteplating lately giving up magic. I have an audition for music college coming up soon. I need to buckle down and magic is kinda getting in the way.

conjure_pitch@hotmail.com

shoot me some of your music.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
Hey Shane!
I'm glad you let us know! I as a fellow magician feel sort of sad you're leaving, but I also want you to pursue your other interests. Haha I know it sound weird having a 14 year old talk like your parents to a 19 year old, but you're growing up! So I really hope you succeed in whatever you do! You've been such a great person on the forums -not only on the forums though haha, NEVER posted anything negative, and been such a great resource.
I don't think I'll find anyone who loiters as well as you can! You've shown me so many thing with your loitering ability! haha! It's hard to say goodbye on my part as a fellow magician. I, and as many fellow magicians agree, will miss such a great person like you.
I only ask one favor...or two....or three! haha okay
Please stay on the forums on the magic sites like T11. I know you're not going to do magic anymore, but there are people out there who have questions and you are very knowledgeable in this area.

Keep in touch with ya! =)

-Eugene Soh

You know what?

Music is for me.

Shane

Good for you.

I will say this. I enjoy many hobbies and interest. At times, I also feel overwhelmed. The problem is that if you have too many interest, it would be difficult to master any one of them. I respect the fact that you realize what your passion is and want to devote all your attention and focus to it.

Jack of all trades and master of none. Many of you have heard this before and there is allot of truth in that statement.

I do believe you can enjoy several interest, but the question becomes... At what level do you want to perform them? If you want to reach your best potential, you sometimes have to focus on it and put other things on the back burner.

I personally have several interest and hobbies that I enjoy and I can honestly tell you that one of my interest in particular takes allot of my time but the reason I have not reached the level of mastery that I want is due to spreading my self too thin.

Example:

Interest-
1. 3D Modeling and Animation
2. Graphic Design
4. Web Design
5. Video Editing
6. Magic

Hobbies-
1. Gaming
2. Computers
3. Paintball

If you consider your Interest and hobbies, you can find that having too many will spread your attention in too many ways. Hobbies are things you enjoy doing, but also take up time.

My number one Interest is 3D Modeling and Animation. I do this as a Career and one of my Dreams has always been to start a business with 3D Modeling and Animation in many different areas.

I still practice my Magic and spend some time with it, but it's a distant second to my main interest. I am able to enjoy my hobbies, but in a limited fashion.

There is nothing wrong with coming to the realization that you must focus your energy into one main goal. I wish you the best with it and you can always come back to Magic when you are ready.

You can still keep up with the forums and practice some of what you know from time to time.

Good Luck.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I want to thank everyone again for such kind words.

I do have one peice of advice for each and every one of you. Know what you love to do, and do what you love. Once you do that, you will truly find happiness. As they say, "Cerca Trova." =)

Shane

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results