DG's Warning

Oct 8, 2007
For all those people who own this effect and perform it, is it really dangerous?
What are the risks and and precautions I should know about?
Do you need something special to accomplish the effect?
Can you do it on a regular basis or is there a point where you have to stop performing it before any complications arise?
Lastly, what are the limitations? By that I mean can it be handled by anybody, what do I need in order to do it?

Sorry for the mouthful of questions but I'd appreciate it if someone could answer them all. Also, if the question is bordering on exposure, don't answer. I've been looking into this effect for some time now but needed some answers to things I'm worried about.

PS. I am not a smoker, hence I don't smoke. :rolleyes: If that counts for something.

Feb 27, 2008
Talking about my own opinion "the method" is not dangerous, but isnt a everyday trick.
Warning Dvd explain 3 diferent tricks using the same principle and doesnt matter if u smoke or not...

Sep 1, 2007
austria
don't worry man, it's not really dangerous.
i think the dvd says something about some minor health risks, but believe me, the polluted air you breathe everywhere everyday is much more dangerous than this trick.
it does feel a little uncomfortable when you do it, but you can definetely do it a couple of times in a row in a walkaround situation or of course every day when you perform on a regular basis. furthermore it is an impromptu trick, so you don't need anything special to do it.
finally, as mentioned before, it doesn't matter wheather you smoke or not.

Dec 10, 2007
Slovenia (Europe)
Well, here you go:

For all those people who own this effect and perform it, is it really dangerous? No. Maybe if you over-do it (Like 10 times an hour, 7 days a week and stuff), but this isn't dangerous. The smoke is white as well, so no blackening of your lungs.

What are the risks and and precautions I should know about? It's gonna feel weird first day or two, may even water the eyes a bit. But that's it.

Do you need something special to accomplish the effect? Matches :).

Can you do it on a regular basis or is there a point where you have to stop performing it before any complications arise? Regular basis. Altough this is too good to use just any time. I use it like three times a week only, and that as a closer.

Lastly, what are the limitations? By that I mean can it be handled by anybody, what do I need in order to do it? Make sure you don't have ANY breathing problems, such as astma. Other than that, nothing.

No problem, I think you realized how cool the effect is.

Oh, if you watched my video. That's version two of Warning. On the DVD there are 3 versions:

1: You make your fist in a pipe, then put "invisible stuff for smoking" in it, and put the match in front of it. You then proceed to smoke with your hand. Basic version, least powerful. Great and entertaining opener though.

2: Card to mouth. I CAN'T describe how strong this is. You should see more performances of it, with a bigger crowd and stuff. I'm telling you this one is pure satan-ish. You light a match, then take the flame and put it in your mouth (Watch my video if you forgot how it looks). Smoke pours out of your mouth, and BURNED on your lip, is the name of their card (Or pretty much anything).

3: They pick a card, you light a match and just heat the back of it. Then you blow on an indiferent card, and smoke visually begins to pour from the card. You turn it over, and the name of spectator's chosen card is actualyl BURNED on it.

Also, on Next notes, there is another version. It's called "No Smoking". It's basically a traveling match effect:

-A match-book is displayed, you rip all the matches from it, showing it empty. It's then closed. You light a match, and squeeze it (Cleanly of course), and it dissapeared. Smoke begins to pour from your mouth, on the matchbox. It is then opened and it has their match inside.

I REALLY recommend this product.

Zap out

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Theres too many kid exposing it on Youtube! I think this is a great trick if you do not perform it like they do. Anway I don't think it's too dangerous to perform it!

Aug 31, 2007
UK
It is dangerous to a certain degree, I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you have any history of respiratory issues.

Oct 8, 2007
Thanks for the answers.

So now I know it's impromptu, I don't need anything aside from matches, I can do it for a considerable number of times, and one guy thinks it's Daniel's worst DVD. Whatever made him dislike the DVD, unless it's the method, is probably not going to turn me off on this one, since I see more pros than cons here.

Well, now that somebody mentions that it is indeed dangerous to a certain extent... But I'm still willing to take the risk.

And yes Zapper, I did see your video. Warning has been on my list for a quite while now but has been pushed back due to my unanswered questions and the recent releases of new effects. Your video reminded me of it, so there.

Mar 14, 2008
Does anyone know where to actually purchase Warning? I have come to know that it has been discontinued. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oct 28, 2007
personally i think warning was one of garcias worst effect dvds invented.

WHAT!!
i really hope you are joking, this is danny's greatest trick ever! but to his his own, but how old are you?

Does anyone know where to actually purchase Warning? I have come to know that it has been discontinued. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

The only place you can get this dvd is Ebay, but the last one i saw up there sold for like $5000! ridiculous

Oct 8, 2007
Yeah, it's off the shelves right now so it's kinda hard to get it online. Mine, if ever I'd get it, would come from a local shop who happens to still have a copy laying around.

One last question please. If there is any what is the substance that would probably cause any irritation or could be the cause of any allergic reaction? I've read a few reviews and stories about this and one of them was about a guy who had a bad sore throat the morning after practicing Warning. PM me if necessary but if this leads to exposure, feel free not to.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results