Dangerous Length?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2008
London
In the description of dangerous it says "Each disc is over 75 minutes in length - jam packed with rock-solid material."
however the mystique disc runs for just under 60 minutes...? Is this because I got the download, or is Mystique just 15 minutes shorter that it says it is?

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Good morning!

The Mystique disc is not 75 minutes - it is a little bit shorter. That was a mistake that we made on the DVD art - but that has been corrected for the next run of DVD's. No worries - you're not missing anything! Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

To make up for it, we have arranged an additional 15 minutes of d+M speaking in an American accent - while describing his revolutionary technique for shaving his knuckles (he claims it helps increase speed)...

... or maybe we'll just put up some more interview footage / outtake footage in the media section.

Thanks again & we'll talk to you soon.

Jan 19, 2008
But im pretty sure you advertised BOTH dvd's are over 75 min in length....so not just artwork mistake! In fact the motion DVD is under 75 min by a few seconds (whos counting) but still both are under 75 min...mystique way under!

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
But im pretty sure you advertised BOTH dvd's are over 75 min in length....so not just artwork mistake! In fact the motion DVD is under 75 min by a few seconds (whos counting) but still both are under 75 min...mystique way under!

Again, we apologize for the mistake, but did you purchase the DVD for the specific length... or for the content? If you purchased it for the length, I will happily refund your 15min 37 seconds worth of video (approx $6) :)

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Just finished watching Mystique, and noticed this too.....was about to start a new thread, but I found this one.

I was worried that Theory11 included the 2 Theory 11 videos (beginners to magic and what is theory 11) in the total running time.

I would love to get a D+M 1-on-1 download as compensation for the mixup.

Sep 1, 2007
New York
Again, we apologize for the mistake, but did you purchase the DVD for the specific length... or for the content? If you purchased it for the length, I will happily refund your 15min 37 seconds worth of video (approx $6) :)

I think length and content are related. In fact, without knowing the content beforehand, all the buyer has to go on is what's stated in the advertising copy, and that copy made a point of stressing that the DVDs were 75 minutes each. Again, without knowing what the DVDs are like beforehand, length informs our perception of the quality of the teaching. With the DVD being over 20% shorter than we thought, that means that each of nine effects must get about 6 and half minutes of explanation. Subtract the performance footage and you wind up, probably, without about four or five minutes of explanation or teaching per effect.

Jun 4, 2008
London
Ok given I did buy the dvd for content however I cant say that the length of each disc and therefor the amount of content didn't factor in. I was very please to read that the discs were each going to be Over 75 minutes in length. so needless to say I felt deceived and very annoyed when i discovered that the mystique disc was advertised and sold me under the pretends of it been 25% longer than it actually is.
I mean a minute or so under the advertised time is acceptable, I understand that they are only estimates however the disc is missing over quarter of an hour. For example If you bought a dvd that was advertised as 30 minutes in length you put in in your dvd player to find out it was only 15 minutes, Then you were told that is was simply a mistake on the artwork and that you bought it for the content and not the length, you would be pretty annoyed, as am I.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Most of the people posting on here are pathetic.

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to weasle a free 1-on-1 download? You're missing out on a little more than 15 minutes of "dead" content, and you are attempting to hurt the company and community you love and support (that would be T11), for this pointless, useless, unapplicable content?

Grow up a little, eh?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I also found it quite interesting that:

1) Nobody really noticed, until it was pointed out.

2) Nobody was really all the bothered, and just wanted to know what they might be missing out on.

And most notably

3) Nobody really cared all that much, until they realised they could possibly get something out of it...

Don't get me wrong, I see where y'all are coming from, you want your moneys worth etc. You're entitled to that extra 15 minutes etc. Sometimes there's wanting what you deserve and sometimes there's just being pedantic and sometimes it's arguing because you can get something out of it.

Maybe I'm just seeing the bad in all this... Hey ;) I am British. :p

- Sean

D

Deleted member 2755

I agree with Searn. It was wrong to falsely advertise the time. However, I really don't care. We knew what we were going to learn from the contents. We got it. It was a few minutes shorter... big deal. I'm not defending Theory 11 because it was falsely advertised, but I'm just saying... I don't care lol.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results