How many "mainstream" effects do you perform?

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
None
I perform Stuff that needs some real work
all those tricks are for beginners(and most of the times Hecklers know them)
Buy yourself By Forces Unseen Or 5x5 Japan instead
Or even better Learn some sleights and "Crate" your own material
Thats what I do
I don't know if you can call the material from Tudor commercial
but I do it often

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Brian,

I'm not trying to be funny at all but I have had a copy of Heckler siting on my desk for months. Should I even bother taking off the cellophane?

-Michael

Sep 1, 2007
Ah yes, Heckler. A routine designed to humiliate an audience member. I'm sure that will make you feel tough for a while, but much like pimp slapping a bull mastiff it's something you'll live to regret. I just hope you get it on camera, since I could use a good laugh.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you're arbitrarily calling E and T11 products mainstream. Wouldn't material like the ACR and spongeballs better fit the derfinition given their commercial, universal appeal?

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
None
I perform Stuff that needs some real work

Depends on the effects. You can't throw them all into one category.

all those tricks are for beginners(and most of the times Hecklers know them)

Speculation. Stop making up "facts."

Buy yourself By Forces Unseen Or 5x5 Japan instead

This...is actually good advice.

Or even better Learn some sleights and "Crate" your own material

If someone is new to magic, they (usually) shouldn't start making their own stuff. That leads to much of what you see on YouTube of people saying they have a new effect :/

-ThrallMind

Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
Ah yes, Heckler. A routine designed to humiliate an audience member. I'm sure that will make you feel tough for a while, but much like pimp slapping a bull mastiff it's something you'll live to regret. I just hope you get it on camera, since I could use a good laugh.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you're arbitrarily calling E and T11 products mainstream. Wouldn't material like the ACR and spongeballs better fit the derfinition given their commercial, universal appeal?

I apologize for that, I used the word "mainstream" out of lack of a better term. But, you know what I mean.

Most of what I perform cannot be completely recognized as what I originally learned...it's become very much my own.

I own a lot of material because I love seeing other magicians perform and reading others thoughts on the craft, but my repertoire has become something of a streamlined body of work.

This happened by accident, not by design, but I'm keeping up with the streamlining on purpose now.

Pj

WOW.

Twelve replies, and only three who attempts to answer my question.

What has the world become.

No offense, friend, but the question's not a very poignant one. It's hard to expect a lot of serious consideration when the question doesn't really warrant it.

I know it was just a question of a curious nature, but still keep that in mind.

Also, there was a glaring distraction in the form of bickering posts, and those add up faster than posts of merit.

Pj

Aug 5, 2008
I dont really perform alot of them because they are just not that good in my opinion.I have to admit that I have performed some at least ones but its not in my routine.And besides Kids do those tricks because they cant do the work

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results