Stage Routine - 1.3 Months

May 17, 2008
Aight I need some serious help I had my ibm meeting yesterday and found out that I have to be performing a stage routine of 5-6 minuts but have noothing for a stage routine.

What I need you guys to do is to give some ideas for a stage routine that are not street magic like no stimatas things. I have ben doing magic for 3 years and I have a lot of expirience so throw eaverything you got at me. The most I am willing to spend is 100$

Thanks,

Indiana.C

dwj

Nov 9, 2008
First off, congratulations. Not only for being selected (or otherwise) but also having the courage to take this challange.
Not being at all familiar with you as a person or a magician I can only suggest that there are many, many effects that "pack small" but play HUGE.
Take the cards across for example. An effect that can litteraly bring the house down and (depending) uses only more or less standard slieghts.
Another option may be a thought of type of effect.
What I quess in so many words that I am trying to get across here is that no matter what prop you purchase with your hundy you will not get the audience to enjoy the effect more.
Let them enjoy you and your presentation.
If there are any questons or further posts I will do my best to help and if you'd like you can always pm me with a brief discription of what your planning on performing.

Cheers

Mar 7, 2008
okay well i bought a neat little self working effect a couple of months back called 'white star' by a guy called jim critchlow. basically its an out of this world effect but using photos instead of cards- the photos that come with it are apparent photos of people who were on the titanic- beautifully printed by the way. and it uses audience particiaption,.

the set up would be to have a table in the middle of the stage with a decent cloth drooping over it with 2 chairs on one side and another chair on the opposite side - with the photos squared up on the table.even add a lit worn down candle to make it more interesting.
the only thing i would say was a must do!! to make this routine a stage trick is to have a video camera looking down onto the table and rigged up to a tv screen or projector on stage so that the audience can also enjoy the whole experience of the other spectators doing the trick,which is easy enough to do.
ahh yes another idea i had come with is to have playing throughout the trick and just before you come onto the stage is a song called 'hymn to the sea' by james horner only quietly though so its not distracting the effect but just so that everyone around you can sense of its being there gently playing in the background - and it really just is the right song for this particular trick!!

you will need to call out 2 sectators as well to participate in this trick with you.
its easy to do- selfworking.
the only important and hardest thing with the effect to do is pure showmanship and a great presentaion.this is really a hard hitting trick and maybe very emotional to some of the audience ( the spectators are seperating 2 piles of people into dead and survived) so you will need to be quite hard faced but relaxed and quiet in your voice- youve gotta play it up make it eerie.

this is just my take into the effect and ideas ive recently come up with if i was performing it for a stage routine and as you can see i think it can be definitley done that way,ive missed some of the points which are included with the effect which i didn think would really work for me . i hope you like it.any questions you pm me.

Jan 13, 2008
Yellow Bandanna. It will definitely show your ability to present (without speaking), although it won't showcase your sleight-performing abilities. It's a lot of fun to perform, and always gets great reactions (unless you completely suck at acting--in which case, performing anything wouldn't really be advised, heh). :)

Get a really big baby photo, and ask someone in the audience to name a celebrity, when they do say, 'here they are, at 8 months old!'
Always gets a fun laugh.
Unless you're not into the comedy stuff, if that's the case try some mentalism, I suggest Alain Nu.

Apr 27, 2008
I will list off some effects for you.

Zombie Ball (mjmmagic.com)
Ultimate Cane (masterofillusions.ca)
Word in a million (mjmmagic.com)
Smart Ass (mjmmagic.com)

there are plenty of others but go to mjmmagic.com and go to stage categories and they have a ton of tricks that are cheap and can fit into your avatar if you have one.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results