Jeremy Lusk Dies

Hrey guys. This is not about a magician but I thought it would be nice if we all just said some words in honor of this guy. He died horrifically and I think that honoring him is a good idea.

Jeremy Lusk was a professional motocross rider and was the first person to land a Double Hart Attack Backflip. He had a long run and was extremely skilled and won a gold medal in the 2008 X-games.

Back in 2007 he failed an attempt at an epic backflip but somehow came out basically unscathed. He was luck to say the least. But the young man rode on, lusting for the sweet taste of victory. He continued to race and became very famous and succesful.

However, this year he attempted that same flip that he had failed in 2007 and came crashing down to Earth again. On this crash he was not so lucky. He landed in almost the exact same way he landed in 2007 only this time he fell unconcious as the medical staff rushed in. He was hauled away on a stretcher. He remained in the hospital on a Medicine induced coma. The doctors slowly fell back on the amount of meds they were giving him, so he would not overdose, and he seemed to stay the same if not improve in condition.

But then, when everything seemed okay, Jeremy died. His body went into cardiac arrest and he succumbed to his injury. But, Jeremy would take comfort in knowing that as he died his parents and wife stood by him, never leaving his side.

Jeremy Lusk. An amazing young motocross rider woith everything to live for, who continued to push the laws of nature. He died last night at age 24 and he will be missed. But even though he is gone physically, his memory will saty with his friends, family, and fans. He shall not be forgotten. Rest In Peace Jeremy Lusk.

Why did I write this in a magic forum? Well, it just goes to show you how suddenly your life can change. It makes you rethink everything. So I posted this here so you could see random life is and how cruel it can be.

So please try to be the best person you can be and try to reach the stars. That's what Jeremy did.

Keep the magic of life alive,
Dylan P.

I was going back and forth about whether to post something or not, but you beat me to the punch. As someone that races motocross competitively, I was definitely a big Lusk fan. He was always one to go big, and put on a good show for the fans. A true competitor in every aspect of the word.

I heard about this a few days ago, when it first came out. I've been praying for him constantly, hoping he would be okay. Everyone was thinking he'd make it. He has before, he would now. The news was becoming more positive...the swelling in the brain was going down, no broken neck, etc. But today...a buddy of mine text me while I was in school. I couldn't believe it. The sport has lost a true icon, and he will be sorely missed.

Motocross is a very dangerous sport. Not a weekend goes by in the series I race, where someone doesn't get midvac'd out via helicopter. The high speeds, huge jumps, ruts, mud, and 40 other riders on the track all trying to win makes for a lot of room for error. But it's still fun as hell. And that I can take comfort in, knowing that Jeremy died doing what he loved. You better believe he had a smile on his face during that run, having the time of his life. At least, that's what I believe. And for that, we should all be so lucky to die doing what we love to do.

Just like Dale Earnhardt Sr, another hero of mine. He too died doing what he loved, on the last lap on the Daytona 500. I guess it's true what they say...only the good die young. In this case, I guess the Lord just wanted Jeremy, and it was his time to go. And I know right now, he's doin' a kick ass demo over the pearly gates as we speak.

My most sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends...especially his wife Lauren.

God Speed Jeremy, and RIP.
Steve

For a brief tribute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKwTWCdfYEc

www.prayforjeremylusk.blogspot.com

PrayForJeremyLusk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys...just thought I'd repost this about the wrist bands. Motocross stars aren't like football players..sure, they get paid well, but not in comparison to what they do. PLEASE, get a credit/debit card, and buy a wrist band to support Jeremy's family. It was/is/will be very expensive, getting him back home to the United States, funeral, plane tickets, etc.

They're only $2...where else can you spend such a little amount of money, and yet help to make such a big difference? I've already placed one order, and am about to order 10 more wrist bands. All I'm saying is, just one wrist band helps to make a difference.

Such a tragedy to lose such an incredible icon in the sport, especially when he was yet to reach his peak. Please guys...keep the thoughts and prayers going.

Thanks again.
Steve

Jeremy Lusk Wrist Bands

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results