When did you start?

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
I started messing around with it since I was a kid, maybe 7 or so. I'll be 22 next month. My dad showed me a few simple tricks. Watched people perform magic on TV a lot. Then around 14ish, I saw a show that revealed how to do some street magic. No, it wasn't masked magician. I hadn't even heard of him 1 1/2 years ago...
Just did a couple things here and there until I saw someone perform Jumping Gemini last year. It was from that point that I wanted to seriously get into magic. Learned Jumping Gemini on YouTube. Then after a couple weeks of research, I came across Ellusionist. Got Crash Course 1. And from that point on, I've been doing magic every day!

Nov 30, 2007
There is really no such thing as a "late start". One magician who has greatly helped me and I look up to I believe "started late" in his life but he is very successful. Just really pursue the art and you will flourish. If you ever need any help or anything, shoot me a PM. Best of luck to you!

All of you guys are so awesome I almost fainted ;)

And I have a little bit more than 30 seconds to live, and passion about the art is a fire burning in me, so I guess I'll be able to push forward and try to become better, then good, then awesome, and then I'll start over again because I'll be old and would have forgotten everything. Damn it!

All of you guys are so awesome I almost fainted ;)

And I have a little bit more than 30 seconds to live, and passion about the art is a fire burning in me, so I guess I'll be able to push forward and try to become better, then good, then awesome, and then I'll start over again because I'll be old and would have forgotten everything. Damn it!

Desolee pour mon francais, mais... vous habitez en France? Si vous connaissez David Stone, cherchez pour ses DVDs, en plus, ils sont en francais. C'est facile pour vous.
Once again, sorry for my awful French :p

Desolee pour mon francais, mais... vous habite en France? Si vous connaissez David Stone, cherchez pour ses DVDs, en plus, ils sont en francais. C'est facile pour vous.
Once again, sorry for my awful French :p

My english is so bad you managed to understad I was French. Now it's a good reason to faint ;)

I'll check David STONE, thanks for the advice. But most of my learning is done with english ressources, as english isn't really a problem for me (unless it can clearly be seen in the way I write here hehe).

And your French is quite good! And yes I live in France, in the north. :D

My english is so bad you managed to understad I was French. Now it's a good reason to faint ;)

I'll check David STONE, thanks for the advice. But most of my learning is done with english ressources, as english isn't really a problem for me (unless it can clearly be seen in the way I write here hehe).

And your French is quite good! And yes I live in France, in the north. :D

Haha, no it's not your english, you've got France written in your location :p At the top right of all your posts.

Oct 22, 2008
It was probably around 3 years ago when i was in 7th grade, and i was in choir class. (realllyy boring) and suddenly I am sitting down and a whole group of boys come up to me and ask to show me a magic trick with cards they learned from another magician in the school. So I said sure, and the trick happened to be the two card monte, and ever since that moment those two cards changed in my hands, I almost knew I needed to beable to make people feel the amazingness i felt when getting fooled by that trick and that's the moment i started getting into magic. (more like addicted lol)

But no for your question for all we care you can get started in magic at the age of 82 and still be a great magician.

Cheers,
Jake

Jan 28, 2009
I started magic in earnest when I was 16 years old. (10 years go almost to the day.) It all started for me when I saw a magician doing a color change and sat there for literally four days just trying to figure out exactly how he did it. When I finally figured it out that lead to another trick, then another, then picking up Erdnase. At the time I was already routinely sharking my friends at cards, but with self taught sleights and shuffles and controls that I'd just picked up. Erdnase took it to the next level, then Huggard did the rest. For 2 years I performed for cash about every other night at local restaurants, at events, I even did a wedding. Then when I was 18 I had an accident that involved me shattering a staggering number of bones in my right hand resulting in me still having a weirdly deformed right first finger and my ring finger and pinky not really moving particularly well even now. As a result I stopped both magic and playing the guitar. It was only about 3 months ago when I started picking it up again, and had to learn basically everything from scratch. I'm having a great time doing it and have started performing again, but my act now is very different than it was (and necessarily so) but I certainly don't think its any worse, and after about another 12-24 months I'd imagine I'll better than I ever was.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results