Wayne Houchin Contest

May 4, 2009
Anyone else trying to be among the first 40 orders to win something? I logged in around 3:45 EST and got everything ready. At about 3:55 I started refreshing the screen every 15 second waiting for the buy me button. The website was still moving very fast. Then at about 3:58 it went to ****. When I finnally got the page back up the buy me button was there but it was already about 4:05. Then placing the order took a full 10 minutes, because it would stall for two minutes between each step.

The order finally cleared at 4:15.

How fast did the rest of you get it in?

May 4, 2009
I bought it on waynes site and it took less than 1 minute from when it was up on his site till i bought it

I didn't know you could buy it from his own site. But does that count for the contest. Basically you had hundreds of people get on ellusionist all at the same time about 3:58 EST.

May 12, 2009
I didn't know you could buy it from his own site. But does that count for the contest. Basically you had hundreds of people get on ellusionist all at the same time about 3:58 EST.
personally i think if you bought it from waynes site you win the contest

May 4, 2009
On Ellusionist they have a screen shot of the menu and it lists Candy Scam. Then it has a screen shot of just the tricks and candy scam is not listed. Then in the final teaser it shows Wayne performing Candy Scam.

So who knows what is up.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
On Ellusionist they have a screen shot of the menu and it lists Candy Scam. Then it has a screen shot of just the tricks and candy scam is not listed. Then in the final teaser it shows Wayne performing Candy Scam.

So who knows what is up.

From Wayne's post on E:

Regarding Candy Scam - Candy Scam is an effect that I created back in 1998. Luke Dancy independently created the same effect and published his routine in 2001 - he contacted me this past weekend and expressed an interest in being a part of the release of this effect. Luke is an incredibly talented guy and we have many mutual friends - out of respect for him I decided to wait on the release of Candy Scam so that Luke and I could pool our ideas together and ultimately end up with something even better.

Sep 1, 2007
The shipping is only $5 standard throughout the world on his site so that's great.

Hopefully he releases it sometime later for the Candy Scam

Jun 13, 2009
British Colombia
Hey, I just found out I was a winner too. #3 Tell you the truth I am really disappointed.... I was trying to win second but i guess my computer was faster than others so I got first which sucks since I live in Northern BC and have no passport so there is no way Im going to make it. Oh well, at least i will still be getting the Art of Magic and hopefully learn tons from that. Congrats to everyone who one.

May 31, 2008
Hey, I just found out I was a winner too. #3 Tell you the truth I am really disappointed.... I was trying to win second but i guess my computer was faster than others so I got first which sucks since I live in Northern BC and have no passport so there is no way Im going to make it. Oh well, at least i will still be getting the Art of Magic and hopefully learn tons from that. Congrats to everyone who one.

Do you plan on selling your spot?

Jun 13, 2009
British Colombia
Maybe... it depends. I dont like the idea of making money off of this kind of prize. I would rather get something that will improve my magic. Than again, money would buy more magic resources. lol.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Maybe... it depends. I dont like the idea of making money off of this kind of prize. I would rather get something that will improve my magic. Than again, money would buy more magic resources. lol.

Heck, I got the 2nd place, I'll trade you ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results